EDFI - the Association of European Development Finance Institutions - promotes the work of 15 bilateral development finance institutions that invest in the private sector in emerging and frontier markets to create jobs, boost growth and fight poverty. DFIs invest in financial services, clean energy, industry and many other sectors in 100-plus countries. At the end of 2016, the combined portfolio of EDFI members was €38 billion in 4,576 projects.
More info can be found on: http://www.edfi.eu/
Offices of EDFI are located in Brussels (European quarter)
To reinforce the team, we have a vacancy for an experienced:
The Financial Accountant will play a key role in supporting investment portfolio management and reporting in two joint investment facilities with approximately 50 active investments of an average size of €10 million.
Responsibilities & tasks:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on project portfolios
- Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents
- Securing financial information by managing online data rooms
- Issuing payment advice notes to investment partners
- Processing funding requests, change requests and waiver requests
- Preparing project briefing updates
- Organizing and analysing portfolio data and handling data enquiries
- Managing financial accounting in EDFI's own operations and programs
We are looking for a proficient and reliable accounting / auditing professional with strong attention to detail. We will emphasize the following qualifications:
- a higher education in Accountancy and/or a master's degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering or Business Studies (MBA).
- 3 - 5 years of successful experience in accounting, auditing and/or banking - middle / back office
- Meticulous, precise detail oriented and good with numbers
- Strong with MS Office: Excel
- Team player, and efficient problem solving capabilities
- Great communication skills in English and service minded
- Reporting Skills
- Interested in emerging and developing markets
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid work permit for Belgium
- A dynamic and challenging international environment.
- The Financial Accountant will be part of a devoted team that helps the Emerging Markets to move forward.
- Work - life balance
- Interesting package in accordance with qualifications + full extra-legal benefits including group insurance
Other keywords: Accountant, bookkeeper, audit, auditing , financial reporting, financial analysis, financial analyst, comptable, comptabilité, financial consulting, tax, fiscalité
For more information: Call HANS VERHEIJ on the number: GSM + 32 473 715114 Direct +32 2 738 02 68