iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of patients with cancer by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Watertown, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UClouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO, raising over $230 million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, the Company entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, the Company’s anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company, we are positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our innovative science to improve the lives of patients with cancer.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team in Gosselies, we are looking for a Research Assistant Preclinical Research & Development.
The Preclinical Research & Development Team is looking for a highly talented, motivated and driven Research Assistant to support the development of innovative ex vivo culture systems with human cancer tissues. These systems will be used to profile small molecules and antibodies in our preclinical pipeline to develop a deeper understanding of mechanisms of action and assess whether novel combinations of our clinical-stage assets hold promise for future clinical trials. This represents an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to transform groundbreaking research into new therapies for people living with cancer.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Independently design, validate and carry out ex vivo experiments using human cancer tissues and in vitro immunoassays applying Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide key data to support decision making processes on one or several projects at different stages of the drug development process (discovery, preclinical and translational medicine).
- Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Perform bibliographical research, propose and implement novel assays or technologies.
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team and actively collaborate with other scientists within the company and with collaborators.
- Contribute to the positive work atmosphere within the group.
- Master degree in Life Sciences.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position.
- Hands-on experience in immunohistochemistry techniques is highly desirable.
- Expertise in working with primary culture, in setting-up immune cell-based assays (isolation, handling of primary immune cells) and multicolor flow cytometry is a plus.
- Additional cell and molecular biology techniques are important assets (Western Blot, qPCR, experience with MSD or gene expression analysis).
- Willingness and ability to learn and implement novel experimental techniques.
- Knowledge of GraphPad prism software, excel and cytometry software such as Diva and FlowJo is highly desirable.
- Good command of English (oral and written).
- Motivated and resilient, with the ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively on multiple immune oncology programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Autonomous, committed, detail-oriented with a strong sense of time management.
- Team spirit and an inquisitive mindset with strong problem-solving skills are essentials.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, respectful, and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter via https://www.pahrtners.be/fr/offres-demploi/research-assistant-preclinical-research-development/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.