The client is looking for a New Business Development Manager to expand their business in Belgium.
The client is a family-run Japanese company with more than 200 years of history. It has two divisions: Food for human consumption and pet food. In Japan, the company has established itself as a leader in the pet food industry, thus also becoming a leader in sales.
The company is characterised by the extensive catalogue of products that counts as well as the iconic product that has revolutionised the industry. Thanks to the growth that the company has had in recent years, they became the No.1 brand of pet food in Japan and is also expanding internationally to make pets and their owners around the world happy.
The New Business Development Manager will report to the Director and General Manager and assist in team activities including but not limited to:
- Maintain and build long-term relationships with retailers in Belgium and ensure quality consistency across each individual location
This position is responsible for facilitating the delivery of company's strategic goals through:
- Planning and implementing brand and communication
- Overseeing the implementation of all communication and brand
- Supervising the team and evaluating performance
It requires to:
- Coordinate marketing activities, marketing research, and brand and intellectual property management.
- Delivering hands on in the area of brand and communication as needed.
- Retail sales reporting and analysis.
- Consumer and market research project execution and analysis.
- Review sales forecasts; and coordinate meetings and arrange samples.
- Participate in Expositions related to the Pet Food Industry.
- Preparation of long-term brand plans and marketing presentations.
- Development and execution of marketing plans with the Headquarters.
- Keep full and proper books of account and records, submit sales reports regularly according to the timelines of the Headquarters.
- Regular evaluation of market and consumer trends.
- Increase standards of customer service.
- Provide training and development for staff.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis.
- Ensure quality consistency across the region.
- Maximize sales and profitability in the region.
- Set and meet sales targets for individual locations.
It's a stand alone position, working from home and visiting clients
- Master in Economics, Business engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in Key Account Management
- Experience in the PetFood Industry of at least 3+ years is a must
- Experience in fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, interpersonal skills, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commitment.
- Willing to travel up to 75 percent of the time.
- Experience in dealing with distributors.
- The ability to work independently is essential.
- English business level, intermediate level writing and speaking skill.
- An attractive salary package with extra legal advantages including a company car
- The opportunity to have responsibilities from day 1
- Being part of the expansion of a new business
- Challenging position