Communications officer – press relations
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
For its Communication Department, based in Belval (Esch-sur-Alzette), the University of Luxembourg is looking to recruit a Communication Officer specialised in Press Relations, to cover a parental leave. The overall purpose of the role is to enhance and develop the reputation of the University as a high-quality research and teaching university with relevant impact on society.
The Communication Officer specialised in Press Relations will primarily focus on the following activities:
- Draft press releases and other communications tools to be shared with the press (statements, background material, press packs)
- Serve as the central point of contact for press enquiries
- Monitor press reporting regarding the University
- Organise and manage press events
- Advise university staff in their interactions with press
What we expect from you…
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent by experience
- 3 years of relevant working experience in the field
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Be an efficient communicator, both in written and verbal communication
- Ability to write with creativity and technical accuracy, and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to establish priorities and apply knowledge in a time-pressured, deadline-intensive environment, good organisation skills and attention to detail are essential
- Journalistic experience is considered an asset
Language requirements: excellent command of English, French and German. Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 7 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Communication officer
- Job Reference: UOL06022
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system: http://emea3.mrted.ly/3isqu
Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …