Logistics services - Import export - sea freight - Sales - Bus Dev - Belgium - East Europe
My client is a family company part of an international group (650 FTEs), heir activities are based historically in Belgium but today the company also has offices and staff in eastern European countries as well as China. The company has developed it historical expertise in stone import/export between Europe and the Far East.
Today the company is planning for the future and investigating new ways of diversifying its activities. With strong financial resources, it is looking to explore new business opportunities across East Europe.
As International Business Developer you are in charge of
-> Exploring the potential of a defined new market (mainly focusing on the BeNeLux, German, French & Polish markets at first)
-> Identifying potential business partners & transforming these opportunities in warm contacts and confirmed collaborations through prospecting, networking, etc
-> Collaboration with the internal sales support department in the redaction of tailored offers and clients follow up
-> Collaboration with your management in the development of a structured commercial strategy based on your exploration of the new market potential
The successful candidate will have :
- At least 5 years of professional field commercial experience in logistics related services (sea freight expertise or experience is expected)
- A strong business development experience or an even stronger commercial drive for new market development
- Languages skills : in at least 3 or the required languages is essential - French, Dutch, English, German & Polish
- A true Business Developer mindset & attitude : high level of autonomy, gets energy by being constantly on the road (in Belgium & abroad), resilience, strong commercial skills in front of experienced B2B stakeholders, proactive and results oriented
- The will to join a company and make an impact - you'll be trusted to drive the diversification and further commercial development of the company. You'll be provided with a wide range of autonomy, the ability to initiate change, a say in the commercial strategy of a well established company as well as the possibility to further evolve in the long-term within the structure
The successful candidate will receive a salary package in direct relation with your level of experience and valuable skills for the company, as from 70k gross fixed/year.
The package foreseen a Fixed gross basis topped by a "on target earnings" bonus plan as well as a complete package of extra legal benefits.
The position comes with a high level of autonomy - you can be office or home based, punctual presence required at the office in Belgium, most of the time you are expected to spend according to your best judgement on the road, at the client/prospect or at your desk.
The position is a Permanent contract and offers clear long-term collaboration perspectives within the company.