Who are we ?
As a division of Fednot, the service unit ICT develops state of the art solutions to help the notaries in their daily activities.
Fednot ICT, with more than 90 IT specialists, builds solutions, platforms and e-portals, to help the notaries and their employees serve the citizen. We also simplify interactions between notaries, their clients and public services. The automation and administrative simplification of the notaries’ workflow is key to succeeding in this endeavor.
What makes us unique are the notaries’ profession and its legal context that make for constant and complex challenges we face every day. Aspects of data privacy, information integrity and security, make it even more challenging.
Do you have a passion to use state-of-the art technologies, develop solutions with impact, work in a stimulating and fun work environment ?
Do you want to be an actor on the security-aware culture and to actively participate to strengthen security in our products and services ?
Then this could be your next step !
We're hiring! Information Security Officer (m/w/x), Full-time, Hybrid
Fednot provides high-value IT services to notaries and citizens, we are looking for an Information Security Officer to integrate our InfoSec team.
Where are you going to work?
Homeworking (up to 60%) & Brussels - next to the Brussels Central Station.
Purpose of Role
The Information Security Officer has a key mission : to promote and reinforce the information security in the notary sector.
The security officers are part of a small team and enjoy a varied job :
- We improve security in business processes and solutions based on sound risk management ;
- We advise project teams on security matters (“Security by Design”) ;
- We perform operational tasks as penetration and vulnerability testing, awareness, … ;
- We make customers, users and managers aware on the cyber threats and how to protect from them ;
- We monitor user and system activities for compliance, trends and anomalies ;
- We respond to cyber and fraud incidents of various origins ;
- We keep an eye on the evolution of cyber security landscape and how it can affect our business.
- To explain the security risks to the management ;
- To advise project or product teams to design applications with security in mind ;
- To contribute to a dynamic and constructive security culture in the organization ;
- To advocate how to implement security with business in mind ;
- To help developers to find fixes ;
- To react to reported security incidents ;
- To perform infrastructure vulnerability testing ;
- To perform penetration testing at the application/service level on demand or pro-actively ;
- To report your test results to different audiences.
- A Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience ;
- Preferably 5 years experience in an “IT environment”;
- Preferably 2 years of experience in IT security and preferably experience with application security testing ;
- Thorough understanding of information technologies, data security and network concepts ;
- A good understanding of the risk- cost or user convenience balance ;
- A good understanding in information security frameworks (CIS, NIST, ISO27000)!
- Information security certifications such as : CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer are considered a plus ;
- A good understanding of Data Privacy and GDPR ;
- You know the top-10 OWASP risks : how to test an application against these risks ;
- You have experience in reporting pen test results to project teams ;
- You are familiar with pen test tool like Burp Suite ;
- You know how to conduct network port scanning ;
- You have experience with vulnerability scanning tools.
- Fluent in French or Dutch (full working proficiency in both languages is preferable as customers are FR & NL) AND with a good knowledge of IT related English ;
- Autonomous, analytic, organized and self‑driven ;
- Able to communicate fluently with different audiences ;
- Able to take a challenging but constructive attitude ;
- A good team player: team objectives prevail over individual objectives ;
- Eager to learn about security, technology and our business context.
- Challenging and interesting projects to work on, using the latest methodologies and technologies, within a growing and economically stable sector.
- Room for future development, room for employees to develop creativity and autonomy, fostering an open atmosphere.
- Competitive salary package, extralegal advantages, insurance coverage, car, bonus and net allowance, public transport, luncheon vouchers, and the possibility to build up holidays.
Where to find us ?
We’re located right in the center of Brussels, next to the Saint Michel & Gudule Cathedral. The Metro Station is right by the corner and the Central Train Station is just two blocks away. We are settled in new offices within the Marquis building.
Interested ? Please apply online before November 30st 2023.
If you apply with us, your CV and motivation letter, which include identification details, details related to the profession and academic curriculum, will be kept in our database for 3 years for reasons of justified interest (e.g. contacting us for a new job). These data will not be exchanged with third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so. You can always exercise all rights included in the GDPR in particular, right to access and information, right to data erasure, right to limitation of processing, right to rectification, right to objection and right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We ensure that all your personal data are treated in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.