As the Business Development Manager, you will play a pivot role in shaping the firm's growth and enhancing its market presence on an international scale.
Our client, a leading Belgian firm, has existed for more than 100 years!
Working with IP (intellectual property), trademarks/patents.
The company is based in Diegem but has offices all around the country (and in France)
You will work closely with partners, attorneys, and other key stakeholders to develop and implement strategic business development initiatives that drive revenue growth and client engagement.
- Collaborate with firm leadership to develop and refine the business development strategy.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive business development plan.
- Support and Coach Team Leaders in developing their business, raising BD awareness, and in aligning their business plan with overall business development strategy.
- Interact closely with the relevant leadership team, MarCom, Data, HR and other internal parties HR to align business development efforts with the adopted strategic approach.
- Deliver strategic BD projects and initiatives as required by the leadership team.
Client Relationship Management:
- Help our Trademark and Patent teams to build and nurture relationships with existing clients to ensure client satisfaction and retention.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling and upselling legal services.
Networking and Business Development Events:
- Steer the firm's networking strategy.
- Identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities to enhance the firm's visibility.
- Leverage professional networks to generate leads and partnerships.
Performance Metrics and Reporting:
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of business development efforts.
- Prepare regular reports on business development activities and results for firm leadership.
Market Analysis and Research:
- Conduct market research to Identify and develop strategic opportunities within the changing IP market for revenue-generating and value-creating transversal group opportunities.
- Analyze competitor strategies and client needs to develop a competitive edge.
- Minimum 5 years of international experience in a B2B sales, key account, and/or business development role.
- Knowledge of IP is considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong drive for success.
- Able to build relationships and motivate others.
Flexible working environment - work from home policy - flexible working hours
competitive salary package
group insurance - hospitality insurance