AISIN EUROPE is part of the Japanese AISIN Corporation, a leading supplier of automotive technology products employing more than 100,000 people worldwide.
- Growth & happiness for our employees and colleagues
- Inspiration & trust for our customers
- A sustainable environment for the future
Aisin Group Way
- Be proactive, make changes (take on challenges, move fast, be enthusiastic)
- Make people grow, make them dream
- Move forward, build the future (optimize actions and have the courage to change, keep up with the latest developments, make sure our actions help the local community and the environment)
- Safety, health and quality supremacy as a foundation
Are you looking for a job combining your passion for sustainability with strong data management skills? Do you have a degree in a legal, sociology, politics, or environmental studies discipline? Communication and proactivity have no secret for you? Then this job is for you!
Our Purchasing department, located on the Braine-l'Alleud site, is currently looking for an ESG Coordinator to strengthen his team.
You will be responsible for overseeing the Aisin Europe Sustainability Policy, considering the Aisin Global Policy, European Code of Conduct, Global Political Agreements, European Union standards and other laws in countries in which Aisin Europe buys and sells products.
Governance of Suppliers’ compliance to the Sustainability Policy
- Policy: set up and continuously review and revise
- Measure: suppliers’ performance versus the policy
- Report: supplier risk assessment and environment standards internally and to EU offices
- Action: make a countermeasure plan in cases of a Supplier’s non-compliance or risk to the Aisin Supply chain
Assure risk management of Aisin Europe’s suppliers in 5 main areas of ESG:
- Business Ethics: corruption, financial standards, confidentiality, data, and IP protection, and other.
- Human Rights and Working Conditions: Discrimination, child labor, working hours, and other rights.
- Health and Safety: workspace safety, PPE, accident controls and other.
- Responsible materials sourcing: conflict minerals and other.
- Environment: carbon neutrality, recyclability, air, noise and water pollution, animal welfare and others.
What will you work on?
- In coordination with management, define the process, necessary tools, or external providers to oversee risk assessment of suppliers
- Monitor the supplier’s performance with the support of external service providers
- Define necessary action plans in case of unsatisfactory performance of suppliers
- Report the results to the management; the report will then be the basis for the risk assessment for management decisions.
- Collect and interpret ESG data and requirements in line with EU Corporate Social Responsibility Directive (CSRD)
- Make reports in line with EU Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive with support of external service providers (eg Sedex)
- Report carbon emissions of Scope 3 to Aisin Europe management and EU Environmental Office, with support of external service providers (eg D-Carbonize)
- Oversee the risk management of the suppliers in case of natural disaster, supply chain disruption, financial instability, and other unexpected risks
SCRM (Supply Chain Risk Management)
- Be central point of contact for internal stakeholders (i.e., Purchasing colleagues, Legal Dept, Technical Administration Dept, Sales. LP&F, and other departments)
- Be the link between Aisin Europe’s Purchasing Department and external stakeholders (i.e suppliers, and service providers)
- Keep the procedures in OEM Purchasing department updated to comply with Global and European standards. Design and implement internal tools to facilitate the monitoring and reporting against the standards
- Assess and recommend external service providers in field of Environment, Social and Governance risk assessment and reporting of Aisin Europe’s suppliers
- Calculate and propose budget for ESG external services and internal costs
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a Legal, Sociology, Politics or Environmental Studies discipline.
- Good command of English is essential; other languages are an advantage
- Good command of Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint); other applications advantageous.
- Able to work autonomously; capable to investigate legal standards independently
- Demonstrate good communication with colleagues and suppliers
- Diplomatic style
- Proactive and autonomous
- Adaptability and flexibility mindset
- Naturally curious and analytical, you are driven by the desire to deliver quality work
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) in any business environment desirable
- Experience of Japanese business culture is an advantage
- Project management oriented
- Interested to work in a multicultural and international environment
- Flexible to travel (mainly in Europe) for average 2-3 days, approximately four times per year
What can we offer you?
- A diversified function combining technical, relational, and organizational aspects, with remarkable products & business perspectives in continuous evolution
- An attractive salary with competitive fringe benefits
- Flexible schedule with 2 days of homeworking
- Extralegal and company holidays
- Sports & family events for our employees and their family
Why should you apply to AISIN Europe?
- Passion for automotive, advanced technologies and Innovation
- Open, multicultural, and international environment with convenient access to Braine - L’Alleud (south of Brussels)
- Skills development and continuous training
- Good working atmosphere
How do you apply?
- Answer to this job ad by sending a CV & cover letter
- If your profile matches to our need, we will contact you for a first HR interview. If there is a mutual interest, you’ll meet the business manager in a face-to-face meeting. And the final step in our recruitment process is to take an Assessment Center to measure your softskills.
Your recruiter, Margaux Macken, HR Generalist – Consultant
Follow our activities on our Linkedin, Instagram & Facebook pages!