The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) are looking for a project manager to support their research, technology and development (RTC) activities, with a focus on the implementation of Horizon Europe projects in the area of standardization.
About Cen Cenelec
Standardization is all around us. Ensuring a safer world for citizens, responding to the needs of industry, meeting consumer expectations and contributing to the consolidation of the European Single Market...
Click on the 1’30 video EU Strategy on Standardization. For a resilient, green and digital EU Single Market. - YouTube
Cen Cenelec is a business catalyst in European industries and consumers. Our mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment. We employ 94 people, have 43 members (countries, experts from various industries, etc).
- This position will report directly to the Team Leader Research Technology and Development. You will be a team member of the Policy and External Affairs department.
- The four main areas of activities are the following.
1. Ensure project execution.
- Represent CEN and CENELEC and their interests in project meetings and events.
- Join consortium meetings and maintain ongoing relationships with project partners.
- Monitor the overall progress regarding project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure meeting contractual obligations in line with project Grant Agreements.
- Prepare progress reports and ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Provide support for administrative and financial aspects of the project.
2. Mapp and define standardisation roadmaps in innovative areas supporting the green and digital transition.
- Contribute to mapping of regulatory and standardization state of the art in identified areas of work (i.e., batteries for electric mobility, process industries and industrial symbiosis).
- Identify and consult standardisation Technical Bodies relevant to the projects and priorities identified.
- Develop standardization roadmaps in support of Horizon Europe research projects.
- Lead the definition of guidelines for standards drafters to address green or digital transition needs (i.e., circular economy and industrial symbiosis) in the standards development.
3. Stakeholder engagement and community building activities.
- Organize stakeholder engagement workshops leading to the definition of standardization roadmaps, promoting dialogue between policy makers, standardizers, industry and research community.
- Facilitate community building and establish synergies with relevant initiatives and projects.
- Implement mechanisms to initiate and maintain outreach and communication with relevant research and standardization organizations in target countries.
- Engage the CEN and CENELEC Members and network as necessary.
4. Promote the European standardisation model in pre-defined countries outside Europe as part of agreed projects.
- Support delivery of capacity building workshops raising awareness on the European Standardization System in identified countries (travels foreseen in i.e., India, China, Southeast Asia, Western Balkans).
- Support and liaise with local organizations in these countries on development of workshops, hackathons and other events.
- Distil workshop, hackathons or other events outcomes and lessons learned.
- Develop landscape and gap analysis of digital standardization in the identified countries, including mapping of relevant initiatives, organisations, communities and partners.
What will your work life look like with your team and your manager?
- You will be part of a team of 5 people including project managers, innovation policy, and research project communication specialists.
- Upon your arrival, your Team Leader and Director Policy & External Affairs will introduce you to the working practices and office lifestyle. With over 20 years of combined seniority, they are very approachable, and you will appreciate being able to reach out to them at any time.
- Although homeworking is possible for this function, this position requires face to face training and inductions for the first 6 weeks, where presence in the office will be required more than the compulsory one day a week.
- Furthermore, the position requires travelling abroad to project meetings and/or to deliver workshops.
- Master’s degree in international relations, Development in Economics or Business Administration, Science, etc.
- Experience working on EU funded projects (preferably H2020, or Horizon Europe) is a strong asset.
- Experience working with trade associations and multi stakeholder groups including NGOs is a plus.
- Flexible to travel in- and outside Europe (up to 40% of your time).
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other EU language is an asset.
- You demonstrate the ability to juggle between moments of high concentration and hands-on operational activities.
- You enjoy working against tight deadlines, are structured and organized.
- A high capability for prioritization and flexibility, the ability to work on multiple requests, in parallel.
- Work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff.
- You demonstrate robust project management skills and experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Enjoy communicating and network.
- Curiosity to learn as the CEN and CENELEC RTD landscape evolves.
#quality#standards#regulation#standards officer #standards #facilitator #EU #public affairs #Prince2 #Scrum #policy officer #ThirdCountries #internationalaffairs #
- My client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders.
- You will get the chance to work into a multicultural environment in a modern and comfortable working space enabling the employees to feel at home while having moments to concentrate in coworking space or silent rooms or chat in cozy coffee meeting rooms, in our spacious and leafy terrace or in our restaurant while enjoying a free bowl of healthy cereals.
- The company employs people with responsible skills who are accountable, open to changes, able to get information and spread the information and at least able to take decisions.
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international and multicultural environment at the heart of Brussels.
- An attractive and competitive salary package with numerous extra-legal benefits.
Triggered by a highly intellectual environment driven by innovation and competitiveness?
Then apply by sending your resumé in English.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.