The client is looking for a Merchandise Planner & Stock Allocator - Retail Sector to join his team in Walloon Brabant.
The client is a family business. It's a clothing brand which develops and creates its own collections that are sold in-store and online. The philosophy of the brand has always been to offer a coordinated, refined, and high-quality assortment with a continued focus on using natural materials to make clothes. Its collections meet the current needs of families by respecting their budget and are adapted to every occasion.
The Stock Allocator & Merchandise Planner will have the following responsibilities :
- Make strong use of our Business Intelligence tool in order to increase analytical capabilities inhouse
- Responsible for all back office applications related to the brand's value chain (products, tariffs, orders, receptions, stocks, inventories, internal transfers, prices,…). Make sure processes are up to date and correctly executed internally
- Collaborate with stylists and production teams to create and refine the collection plan
- Forecast product-level demand for all channels before initiating production orders
- Optimize stock allocation among channels and stores
- Implement automated replenishment and stock balancing
- Analyze and advise on the management of stock availability in order to optimize stock quality in stores, and implement actions that have a direct impact on sales.
- Manage the stock optimization in stores and online (allocation of the collection according to assortments and the typology of each point of sale).
- Ensure qualitative and quantitative stock management (adaptation of assortment plans, adjustment of optimal stocks, product reinforcements, inter-store transfers) in line with financial objectives, performance (sales, qualitative feedback) and store specificities (surface area, geolocation, capacity, etc.).
- Produce appropriate reports and analyses on store inventories and activity. Analyze performance and monitor key indicators (sales, sales volume, colors, stock coverage, clearance rate, etc.) to implement action plans and corrective actions.
- Participate in the implementation of reporting and decision-making tools.
- Develop sales and pricing strategies, including control of markdowns (preparation of rates, sales and margin projections, control of residual stock).
- Efficiently manage the liquidation of leftover merchandise, optimizing margin and sell-through rates
- Participation in supply-related projects
- Perform first line functional support and liaise with our ERP editor and other software solutions partners
- Strong of your experience, you have the ability to conduct projects from initiation up to completion
- You have a bachelor or university degree
- You have minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience in a retail and/or supply chain environment is a plus
- You understand the characteristics of the different distribution channels (retail, e-commerce, …) to extract actionable information.
- You can easily structure and translate business needs and communicate them successfully towards colleagues, consultants and/or developers
- You are able to use and navigate various systems and tools.
- You are pragmatic, autonomous and you can manage priorities.
- You are a team player and can communicate easily with colleagues, suppliers, and partners.
- You are fluent in French and have a good command of English. Command of Dutch is clearly a plus
- Family and friendly work environment
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial company
- High level of autonomy
- High level of tasks diversity
- Actively participate in the company's next growth phase