Based in Belgium (South of Brussels), BiocSol’s mission is to achieve field efficient plant disease biological control contributing to a more sustainable agriculture. The company has developed a novel concept of microbial-based active substances, an effective and organic alternative to pesticides.
This disruptive technology allows to biologically control mildew agents impacting high-value crops with no long lasting sustainable solutions. The human-sized team is compouned by smart and dynamic (bio)engineers.
BiocSol will be soon supported by trusted financial partners and convinced investors, both public and private, with a high strategic impact. The first round will be soon completed with a total raise of 4,5 million EUR + 3,5 Mio€ of public grants.
To navigate BiocSol to the next level of growth and performance, we are looking for a Chief Executive Officer (M/F).
As CEO, you focus on accelerating BiocSol’s development, ensuring the company is ready and fit for future growth. Setting the tone and improving operations for the whole company is where you start. Increasing performance, raising funds and growing capacity & team are your first milestones.
With a hands-on approach, your focus will be:
Outward looking :
- Building partnerships and strategic relationships: you build strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders: your board and investors, your customers, your suppliers.
- Representing the company: you are the face of the company and communicate effectively with the media, investors, and the public.
- Raising capital: In order to grow and scale operations rounds of fund raising are needed. You are responsible for securing funds and ensuring that the company has the resources to be successful.
Inward looking – Organisation :
- Ensuring company ability to deliver through anticipating, planning, assessing risks and making agile and sound decisions to positively impact the business.
- Multi-hat responsibilities: Operations, Strategic HR and Finance are part of your responsibility until the company is large enough to hire senior leaders with expertise in these fields.
Inward looking – People :
- Building on the existing, adding your own spark: You demonstrate a subtle mix of Vision, Execution and People drive. Company’s vision and mission are set, and the culture is getting built. You will adjust where necessary: ensure dots are connected and that people are engaged and aligned with company’s goals and values. You are able to think critically, be creative, and make decisions quickly in order to keep the company moving forward.
- Developing and leading a talented team: The start-up co-founder is part of the executive team. You have the talent to embark, re-engage and further co-develop with your executive team, instilling your own style. You attract, retain, and motivate top talents as well as you engage, develop, and lead the team towards their best potential.
- Master’s or PhD degree in business management, science, or equivalent.
- Your own motivation and engagement are key: you are motivated by the thrills and challenges that are inherent to any “startup to scale up path”.
- Proven experience in an executive position in a similar environment, with experience in fund raising and fast growth.
- Experience in the entrepreneurial and industrial world in the (bio-)pesticides is a plus.
- Ability to create trust, team engagement and to drive execution: you are a strong leader and communicator who can build trust and inspire others to achieve great things.
- Confidently humble, results driven and able to create team spirit and strong collaboration, you are a team player yourself.
- Ability to drive the company’s mission, vision, and business agenda in alignment with the company’s culture and values.
- Ability to navigate both ends of the scale: from strategic leadership to operational management.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English & French, Dutch is a plus.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative growing startup.
- The opportunity to join a human scale and dynamic company with a motivated team.
- The opportunity to promote and develop a biopesticides company to the international scale.
- Varied contacts within the academic world, the industry and investors’ community.
- An attractive package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to https://www.pahrtners.be/fr/offres-demploi/chief-executive-officer-biocsol-mf/ or via email@example.com.
Your application and any related information will remain strictly confidential.