Purpose of the role:
* To ensure and reinforce the efficient operation of all aspects of the Finance function in the Brussels Office.
* To ensure full compliance of the Belgian tax & VAT legislations for the Brussels Office financial operations.
Prestigious international law firm located in the center of Brussels
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assisting with the overall finance function within the firm's Brussels Office. Ensure integrity of accounting data and adherence to accounting principles and controls.
* Responsible for the preparation and filing of the monthly VAT return.
* Oversee internal controls regarding accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger including bank reconciliations, electronic banking, etc.
* Assist with the Brussels finance function which includes accounts payable, billing, ensuring compliance with internal billing and clients' billing protocols, credit control, and client recovery positions. Oversee and aid with overall internal control and auditing of authorization for expenditure.
* In conjunction with Brussels Partners and the Accounting Manager routinely and actively monitor inventory and report regularly to the Firmwide Billing and Collections Group.
* Assist with the preparation of the annual expense budget and the monthly expense variance report.
* Responsible for the tracking and reporting of all Brussels Office fixed assets with reconciliations to general ledger and reconciliations to actual physical inventory. Oversee physical inventory of computer equipment, furniture and fixtures and leasehold improvements. Ensure compliance with local office taxing authority rules for fiscal depreciation and write-off of fixed assets.
* Assist with external tax advisors for the preparation of the professional tax return and the preparation and filing of tax forms.
* Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting.
* You are fluent in English. A good level of French and/or Dutch is also an asset.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit.
* Proficient in Excel.
* Accurate and result oriented with strong analytical skills.
* Knowledge of/or experience with Elite Enterprise and/or 3E is a strong asset and Chrome River Expense/Invoice. If not, knowledge of an ERP Software such as Oracle or SAP is a minimum.
* Good knowledge of VAT Legislation.
* An experience in the legal sector is a considerable asset.
- Attractive salary package
- Family spirit
- Polyvalent job