IT Project Manager (Coreso) (m/f)
In the context of the opening of the electricity market and the integration of (massive) renewable energy sources, a secure operation of the European electricity system will continue to represent a truly international challenge.
Coreso has been started up end of 2008 as a centralized entity to enhance international coordination on behalf of its stakeholders in order to ensure the secure operation of the electricity system. Meanwhile the need for such regional coordination has been recognized by all European stakeholders. At present it is being anchored in the European Network Codes (“RSCI”: Regional Security Coordination Initiative).
Today, Coreso’s shareholders are Elia, Rte, Terna, National Grid and 50Hertz, covering 42% of European population. Activities have grown quickly during the first years of operation. The operational team is now constituted of more than 20 Security and Coordination Engineers working in shifts 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The observability area covers more than 10 countries. Within the European context of progressing market mechanisms, continuous growth of renewable energy, ambitious grid development and further harmonization, new coordination challenges are numerous. Coreso aims to be at the first row in building up, together with all partners, the adequate coordinated operational processes to cope with these game changers.
In 2016, Coreso has implemented a software development and runtime environment based on state of the art technologies. The platform is based on the java based data integration platform “Talend” and the BPM platform "Bonitasoft". Together with our Operational Data Storage and Convergence our Electrical Network Analysis and Merging tool developed by RTE, they are the core of our IT environment. To manage the internal and external development projects on this environment, we are looking for an IT Project Manager.
Reporting to the Coreso IT manager, the IT Project Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating resource and processes to deliver software releases of Coreso IT tools, while participating in defining the strategy for the external development team by driving initiatives that deliver on Coreso’s strategic vision.
Project Set up:
- Assist the Business Application Leads when writing the functional requirements for the requested implementations.
- Write the technical specifications based on the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assess risks and required resources related to the project
- Work together with the Business Application Leads and operators to plan and execute development projects, ensure that the external development team has appropriate business and technical specifications, and directions to deliver projects effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines and stay within Budget. Execute project activites to ensure maximum performance.
- Work closely with the Business Application Leads, for understanding the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
Expertise building and sharing:
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our users with the deployment of software upgrades enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Provide a backlog based software development plan that meets the needs of our users and shareholders based on state-of-the-art RAD technologies.
- Evolve the existing software applications and architecture as needed.
- Coordinate release and sprint planning based on the backlog.
- Document own expertise in such a way that it is easily transferred to colleagues of Coreso (or partners)
- Document collective expertise in such a way that it is available to colleagues within Coreso, ...
- Collaborate with the IT Manager in defining Coreso’s IT Vision.
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a software development organization required.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Experience in Java programming and J2EE application server software development.
- Relevant experience with web services and REST.
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL).
- Experience with Apache.
- Familiarity HTML5
- High command of verbal and written English.
Appropriate conditions have been developed for the Coreso employees. A complete benefit package is proposed including company car. You will work in a dynamic and international environment that will ensure a very valuable career step for you, including for your TSO when bringing back your experience after a few years.
Cortenbergh Avenue, 71
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | IT / Internet | Énergie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Analyste d'informations | Énergie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | IT Consulting | Énergie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | IT Management | Énergie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Formation en IT | Énergie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience