Benelux Logistics Specialist
This new position will join the logistics department and aim to optimise the transport management and streamline the flow of data in Supply planning.
Lhoist Group is family owned company, global leader in lime, dolime and minerals. With its headquarters located in Belgium, the company is present in 25 countries with more than 100 facilities around the globe.
The Group differentiates its business by being close to its customers, understanding their needs and providing them with the high-quality products their activities require.
Its customers are active in various sectors such as iron and steel, environment, chemistry, agriculture, civil engineering or paper and pulp industry.
Key words: Transport management, logistics optimisation, supply planning, road transport, maritime transport, rail transport, logistiek, logistique, administration, continuous improvement, process optimisation.
The Logistics Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
Working in a team of 3 and reporting to the Planning & Logistics Manager Benelux, you will be in charge of:
- Managing Road transport (deliveries to our customers and internal transport):
- Prepare tenders, request for quotations (RFQ's) and contracts, in close collaboration with purchasing, 3 production sites & sales teams,
- Participate to price negotiations and to carrier's selection process,
- Work with multiple logistics companies in order to guarantee on time deliveries and the satisfaction of the external and internal clients
- Manage daily operations & contacts with carriers: handle claims, enforce safety & quality instructions, validate additional costs,…
- Implement new management tools: costs analyses (KPI's), carriers evaluation,…
- Supporting the Logistics Manager in his tasks: export, rail/barges operations, external terminals,…
- Improving our processes ( treatment of supplier's invoices , orders handling, development of planning tools …
The Logistics Specialist has the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master, preferably in Transport/Logistics
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English. German is a strong asset
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Logistics Function
- Experience in an industrial sector (chemical, building, minerals, …)
- Knowledge: SAP basics is required , Transwide (or equivalent) and/or customs legislation is an advantage
- Team spirit,
- Excellent communication skills (internal/external contacts)
- Client satisfaction driven
- Good analytical skills, at-ease with numbers,
- Rigorous & well-organised,
- Pro-active & initiatives taker; willing to propose and implement new solutions.
- Hands-on, pragmatic, and diplomatic.
- Company will offer you the opportunity to take on a regional position combining operational and analytical tasks, project management and continuous improvement processes.
- Step in a well-established and stable international firm that will offer you a secure working environment
- Competitive C&B package