Director of Sales
Director of Sales position in industrial labelling & printing, to develop and to manage the business on national level, reporting directly to the international HQ.
My client is a global solutions provider within the labelling industry and active within different sectors, such as automotive, industrial, electronics and transportation. They are well known for their global presence, label manufacturing solutions, ingenuity, reliability & performance testing and global consistency. They produce globally recognized and certified labels, printers, applications, and ribbons with a focus on sustainability and social responsibility. With locations worldwide, they are now looking for a Director of Sales that would develop and manage their business in Belgium.
The Director of Sales develops and implements the sales process which includes the Global Account Strategy and coaching of sales professionals on all aspects of the sales process to achieve the business unit sales plan and support the global account strategy.
The position is based on several essential function statements:
- Owns the delivery of the annual business unit sales plan.
- Develops and implements detailed annual sales plan for each sales professional.
- Manages, coaches and develops sales team to ensure each member meets/exceeds their sales goal profitably.
- Develops and implements a " Consultative Sales Process" with measurable metrics to be reported weekly.
- Cultivates and maintains effective business relationships with decision makers at all levels at Strategic/Key Accounts.
- Collaborates with Executive Team to develop specific strategies to capture and grow the client's share at each Key Account.
- Coaches sales professionals to build effective relationships at Key & target Accounts that enables a timely response to capture opportunities.
- Ensures Sales Professionals and CSSRs have adequate product and sales knowledge.
- Encourages and drives a high performance team and "no excuses" culture.
- Drives the top line sales of business by being the lead sales professional of the business unit.
- Meets with key clients, assisting BDMs/CSSRs with building/maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting market intelligence, competitive activity and customer requirements to the Executive Team through the VP of Global Sales.
- Drives monthly forecasts and strategic sales planning by establishing performance goals accordingly and reporting monthly forecast updates to Executive Team.
- Champions all major opportunities ensuring my client is in position to win ("Refuse to Lose" attitude).
- Leads and manages BDM team including recruiting, selection and development to achieve or exceed performance goals and objectives.
- Trains and coaches team on setting priorities by customer and product group, activity planning, efficient call and customer management for existing business opportunities and/or to win new opportunities.
- Trains and coaches team on effective communication with customers to ensure customer and company satisfaction.
- Coaches BDMs to ensure L.O.U. is in place.
- Ensures BDMs and CSSRs capture all required information in CRM? And maintains updates continuously.
- Ensures team provides timely, accurate responses to customer requests.
- Creates concise, timely, technical and detailed responses to customer RFQ's.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standard operating procedures as outlined in the Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned.
The competences required for the Director of Sales position are following:
- Strong leader exudes confidence and is riven to succeed, exemplifying as "refuse to lose" attitude.
- Demonstrated a successful track record of coaching, mentoring, and inspiring his/her team to deliver exceptional results.
- Organized, self-disciplined professional that can communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, build detailed sales plans that deliver results.
- Action and metric driven proactive professional that clients and direct reports respect and enjoy working with.
Specific traits required:
- Driven to succeed - Burning desire to win
- Perseverance - Never give up and refuses to lose
- Intelligent - Ability to learn quickly, internalize and retain
- Resourceful and creative - Ability to analyze problems/issues from various angles
- Organized and ability to multitask - Ability to make sense out of chaos
Skills & abilities required:
- Bachelor's degree (marketing or a business related field preferred)
- 10 years of strategic sales management experience in a business-to-business manufacturing environment
- Experience working a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of CRM systems preferred
- Knowledge of the electronics/industrial/aeronautic/automotive industries
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Full professional proficiency in English, together with professional fluency in Dutch and French
The role will provide a solid compensation that will match the success and the skills of the candidate. This compensation consists of a complete and competitive package, including a fix salary, annual bonus scheme, company car, insurances, and other extra-legal advantages.