Receptionist - Administration Coordinator (h/f)
The Company delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry.
We are looking for a receptionist. The Administrative Coordinator will provide a variety of support services for an international external and internal audience.
Your tasks will include:
- performing general reception tasks, such as answering the telephone, taking and relaying messages, providing information to callers;
- monitoring external visitor access and maintaining security awareness; performing all other reception duties relating to external visitors, such as issuing access badges, organising and planning accommodation and transportation;
- providing internal employees with full support regarding their accommodation and transportation in compliance with the Company's travel policy;
- providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, receiving and sorting out mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments;
- coordinating, planning, booking, organizing, preparing and tidying rooms before and after the meetings;
- ensuring that rooms are ready and set up, technical and audio-visual set-up/ equipment available, catering ordered and set up in time;
- providing first level support for configurations and administration of telephone, meetings and conference calls (via Skype for Business), escalating and reporting to IT if necessary;
- monitoring and maintaining office equipment;
- controlling inventory relevant to the reception area;
- providing support to external and internal visitors to ensure maximum satisfaction.
The successful candidate will:
- have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least two to three years in administration/secretariat;
- have gained a minimum of three years of proven fulltime professional experience;
- have excellent spoken and written English and French language skills and a confident manner – any additional European languages would be an asset;
- have excellent IT skills (MS Office and Outlook);
- be dynamic, with a proactive enthusiastic attitude, and creative with the ability to take initiatives;
- be quality-oriented, pay attention to detail, while still being able to see the big picture;
- be a good team-player;
- have an ability to work efficiently under time pressure;
- be customer-oriented, sensitive to the needs of the different stakeholders and enjoy working in a multicultural team and communicating with a varied multinational audience. Before applying for this position, which is based in Belgium (Brussels), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
Salary and Benefits
Contact If you :
- think you meet the required qualifications and skills,
- are willing to develop your career in a challenging and international environment, with enticing compensation & benefits,
- want to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures, we invite you to send your application including a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English.