Senior Program Manager
My client is looking for an International Senior Program Manager. This position will report directly to the Director External Relations.
The client is involved in strategic european decisions as a major actor in the european institutions bubble.
The main points are :
- the development and implementation of various forms of cooperation agreements with national and regional standardization bodies around the globe
- the dissemination of European standards for adoption outside the membership
- the development and implementation of strategic and technical projects targeting major trade partners
- the support to relevant Regulatory Dialogues and trade negotiations implemented by the European Commission and European Free Trade Association
The successful candidate will lead the International Cooperation Unit, and will be responsible for the successful implementation of related activities in line with organizational objectives. He/she will represent the client in the international arena for specific activities targeted to actors outside the EU and EFTA.
- Provide assistance, guidance and advice to Affiliates and Companion Standardization Bodies
- Coordinate with EC/EFTA for international activities: Regulatory Dialogues, Visibility Grants, etc.
- Oversee the negotiation and preparation of contracts for Technical Assistance and Visibility Grants with EC/EFTA as well as with the experts on the different programmes, involving colleagues as appropriate
- Assess Technical Assistance opportunities presented by Unit members and
- Provide guidance and support in the elaboration of responses to selected calls for tenders
- Oversee the appropriate strategic, technical and financial implementation of Technical Assistance programmes, providing advice and guidance to relevant unit members as required
- Possibly provide ad hoc technical assistance on the field, playing an active role in the implementation of programmes
Provide guidance for the appropriate implementation of technical and strategic (e.g. Visibility) projects involving, channelling the interests of my client in related decision-making processes
Coordinate and facilitate contacts between contractors and EC in order to prevent and/or to solve problems
Ensure the timely preparation and distribution of meeting documents for meetings with other stakeholders
Support the work of relevant Advisory and Governing Bodies
- Build and maintain a strong network of external contacts with the view to secure a dynamic information flow supporting the above mentioned activities
- Supervise the relationship with consultants involved in the programmes abroad (China, India, Serbia, etc.)
Providing direction for
- the execution of the Unit's activities;
- meeting the Unit's targets;
- monitoring the Unit's budget and schedules (including, if appropriate, contract payments, expenses supervision as well as costs documentation).
Coach and supervise a team of 3 staff locally
- relating to performance, in order to ensure continual improvement of the service delivery;
- reviewing their status reports and addressing issues as appropriate;
- keeping them well informed of any developing activities impacting them and ensuring their services across units and departmental boundaries;
- challenging them to develop ownership and leadership within their area of responsibilities;
Establishing and ensuring the execution of the part of the CCMC Business Plan associated with the unit, ensuring due implementation of the objectives and follow-up of the proposed milestones.
Assisting and advising the Director on specific issues, where required.
- Master Degree in Economics, international cooperation, EU affairs or Engineering; plus at least 5-10 years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and utmost respect and sensitivity for different cultures and individual diversities
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, capacity to keep a positive attitude under pressure
- Sound experience in overseeing large projects in terms of budget, output and regional diversity
- Accurate and reliable professional. High sense of responsibilities. Manage by example.
- Pro-activity and good People Management skills. Team leader.
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of changing global context, knowledge of political and economic circumstances and their implications on sustainable development
- Receptive to multi-cultural perspectives
- Experience in developing and analysing surveys an asset
- Experience related to standardization an asset
- Fluent English (written and spoken), other languages an asset.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- An attractive and competitive salary
- A challenging & innovative environment
- A motivating career path