Treasury Manager m/f
For our client, Robert Half Finance & Accounting are looking for a Treasury Manager (m/f)
Our client is a HQ of an industrial and international company located in Liège.
- Ensure that executive management are fully aware of their actual and future exposure by helping our subsidiaries with their cash related problems and by doing all the paperwork necessary to have access to all the subsidiaries' bank accounts and cash forecasts without asking
- Develop and implement more centralized cash management systems to ensure that the company's future liquidity is adequate to allow it to operate effectively and in a more collaborative approach by optimizing the intercompany reconciliation process
- Challenge all the subsidiaries to prepare cash flow forecasts in such a way that the level of transparency of cash forecasting accuracy is improved
- Provide working capital finance in reducing counterparty/credit risk through trade finance
- Think outside the box in managing exchange rate risk exposure by analyzing advantages and disadvantages of various (new) hedging approaches (options for instance)
- Manage and establish relationships with financial service providers
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues
Internal: Because the risks managed by the treasurer can arise from many sources, the role requires an understanding of many areas of business and the ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of other organizational units, particularly in the financial director's teams (controlling and accounting), but also with project managers and treasurers in all the subsidiaries.
- Daily contacts with banks
- Credit insurance's companies to keep the trade risks under control
- The handling of finance contracts could call for close collaboration with external firms of lawyers
- Contacts will be taken with several treasury management systems/software's representatives
It must also be emphasized that with the development and proliferation of financial instruments and the globalization of financial markets, treasury management has become more specialized, complex and time-consuming than before
The key roles and responsibilities of the function have moved beyond managing working capital to becoming increasingly involved with working with a company's senior management to manage risk and boost the bottom line.
The Treasurer, in order to get everyone working from the same playbook with a single vision for the future, should have a deep institutional knowledge in order to develop the appropriate framework incorporating every aspect of cash management, from governance to reporting.
The function has an influence on the whole organization, simply because financial risks come from various sources within the group: interest rate risk in loans, credit risk in investments/exports, currency risk in subsidiaries' invoices, etc.
- You have a Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- You speak English; all other language is a plus
- You have about 10 years of experience in a treasury role ideally in an international and industrial environment.
- You are used to deal with:
- Working knowledge of foreign exchange risk management
- International trade finance knowledge required (Letter of credit, guarantee…)
- With all the assumptions done about risks and hedging strategies, a good global knowledge of the financial markets is required
- Good accounting knowledge
- Basic knowledge and quick learning of country by country's tax laws (as transactions between countries are subject to specific tax laws )
- You demonstrate:
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills required
- Ability to make strategic assessments and communicate them effectively to executive management
Our client offer a stable position in a company that keeps growing and a competitive remuneration package.
Interested? Please send us your CV.