Senior Systems Engineer
Advanced Technology Systems, an International Technology Company is seeking for an Immediate Entry. A SENIOR SYSTEMS’ ENGINEER M/F FOR ITS PRE-SALES AND MARKETING DEPT. Conception, Design, Pre-Sales, Integration, and Post Sales Follow Up of
An advanced RF electronic systems and digital processing company, itself part of a large international group, offering a variety of advanced integrated system solutions to the international defense and homeland security markets.
A senior experienced M/F Systems’ Engineer with background as electronics or communications or software engineer (NON IT) with a strong holistic view on the design, integration and implementation of integrated HW/SW solutions, and a proven hands-on technical Pre-Sales experience in supporting sales to demanding international institutional customers (public tenders), to take on the technical pre-sales responsibility for certain markets and lines of products/solutions, and support the marketing team and general management throughout the pre-sales effort.
The role of Senior Pre-Sales Technical Systems Engineer consists of:
- Analyzing customers’ requirements, following closely market trends and the competition, conceiving compliant solutions; preparing technical responses to RFI & RFPs, Tenders; defining and designing the offered solutions; preparing the full data for the price and commercial proposal
- Driving the Pre-sales effort in its markets or line of solutions; supporting the business development and sales team in preparing and presenting the company’s solutions to its institutional customers, preparing tenders’ responses, participating in and supporting contracts’ negotiations.
- Following on the delivery of solutions to customers while leveraging it to expansions, extensions, and maintaining an eye on the customer’s technical/operational satisfaction
- Serving as the company’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for certain lines of products and solutions.
PAST EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate will have started his/her career as design engineer or systems engineer in an organization providing solutions for the Defense, Aerospace, Homeland security, High-End Communications or similar, thereafter taking on technical pre-sales support, product management, offers and tenders preparation, products/systems demonstration, technical negotiations and other senior technical roles, while always supporting closely customers and its in-house business development and sales teams.
PERSONALITY: The successful candidate will have the personality and drive to dig deeply into his subject matter, yet will have also a comprehensive holistic view on his relevant markets, on the competition, and on the up to date requirements, thus capable at all times to conceive the most effective solutions to solve problems.
He/She will have the technical expertise and personality to inspire confidence in his internal customers (Business development and marketing team), and his peers with whom he/she may be called to collaborate.
He/She will have the expertise and authority to discuss in full confidence with expert institutional customers and with peers, convince on facts, and avoid unfulfillable over promising.
He/She will have the reliability and integrity required to build quickly full faith and trust.
E2E SENIOR SOLUTION DESIGN INTEGRATION AND MARKETING SUPPORT:
- Leaning on strong engineering or systems background and experience, the successful candidate will be.
- Capable to learn and absorb rapidly new technologies, systems and components.
- Capable to assimilate and analyze effectively complex operational and technical customers’ requirements, derive and communicate rapidly the essence and priorities to his team colleagues.
- Capable to conceive and drive the design of an integrated solution fully compliant with the operational, technical and commercial requirements, comprising in-house systems and components as well as OEM third party elements.
- Capable to conceive and drive the design of solutions to meet a Target Price, taking into account both immediate competitiveness as well as Life Cycle Cost (LCC).
- Capable to proactively identify risks and suggest effective and timely mitigation
- Capable to author himself, edit and publish complex technical proposals, statements of work (SOW), and a response to large RFP and tenders.
- Capable to drive and manage the costing process of proposed solutions; drive searching for cost effective alternatives; negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors, ensure high cost effective designs and production.
- Capable to present and demonstrate the company’s integrated solutions and technology to senior institutional customers and C level audience.
- Team player; shall be recognized for adding value to the team.
- Capable to produce and present solid, balanced and reliable reporting at all levels.
- Autonomous and trust worthy in all its activities within a framework of agreed objectives.
- 7 to 12 years proven experience in senior technical pre-sales with advanced technology companies, in charge of preparing and supporting the sales of high value solutions to institutional customers.
- 7 to 12 years proven experience in senior technical customer facing, including preparing and managing offers and responses to high value RFP, customer presentations; PDR, CDR, acceptance tests, customer trainings, delivery.
- 3 to 7 years proven experience managing the design, integration and delivery of complex technology based (real time and RF) solutions.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in prequalifying, negotiating with and managing technology suppliers and subcontractors for the integration of advanced technology solutions.
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH – Full command is an absolute must. Additional languages like NL, FR, DE, SP, or Arabic shall constitute an advantage.
- Capable to work under pressure, prioritize, stay organized calm and focused.
- NATIONALITY AND WORK PERMIT: Must be a national of an EU country (or certain NATO countries). Must hold a valid EU wide work permit and a valid EU residence visa.
- Security clearance: Must be capable to obtain without delay a NATO and EU security clearance. Holding of an existing NATO clearance shall constitute an advantage.
- Additional “Nice to Have“ technical skills: Proven experience and knowledge of some of the following fields: C-Sharp(C#), embedded C; C++; PLC/HMI; Radar and RF systems; digital communications; day/night electro optic solutions; wireless communications; 3G/4G systems.
The position offers possibilities for technical trainings, notably in radar techniques, digital signal processing and other technologies within the group.
Work location: Belgium, Liège/Luik area, or Brussels area, with +/- 40% international travel.
Starting date: ASAP (Q2 2017)
Duration: Unlimited duration contract (CDI);
Remuneration: Excellent package commensurate with experience, including comprehensive insurances and pension package, as well as other advantages
Please reply online. Adequate candidates shall be contacted within 10 days by our HR consultants. Interviews shall take place during Q2 2017.
Key words: Technical Pre-Sales; technical marketing; support; systems’ conception; solutions; RFP; tenders; offers; autonomous; high-value systems; design; integration; delivery; defense; homeland security; radars; communications; surveillance; EU national; NATO clearance.
Only applications through the online application form will be considered!
(You will receive a confirmation via email.)
Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.
For more information about this position, please contact Mr Pierre-Albert Druart at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Marketing / PR / Communication | Technologie | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Assistance Marketing | Technologie | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Étude de marché et analyse | Technologie | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Marketing / Communication - général | Technologie | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience