International Sales Director
Advanced Technology Solutions is recruiting a SENIOR & AUTONOMOUS M/F INTERNATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR for International Institutional Customers.
An advanced RF and digital technologies (non IT) company, itself part of a large international group, offering integrated system solutions to the international defense, communications and homeland security markets.
A senior autonomous M/F Sales Director with proven hands-on experience in selling high-value (EUR multimillion) complex solutions to international institutional customers, to undertake full sales responsibility of such systems and solutions in a defined international territory. The Sales Director shall report to the Vice-President Sales & Marketing, shall carry a quota, and shall work in a team with senior system engineers, and other senior management members.
Entrepreneurial and hands on, the Sales Director shall seek and initiate opportunities in his territories, and shall drive the sales process from early lead through tenders, negotiations and until after signing firm contracts for systems’ delivery and beyond. He/She shall be responsible for finding and generating leads, qualifying and prioritizing the opportunities, manage the customer facing process at all levels including where applicable seeking and recruiting partners and channels, shall lead the preparation of responses, presentations and demonstrations to the customers, lead tender response and offer preparation in tandem with his technical system engineers, negotiate and close and contracts meeting scope, revenue and profitability targets, and manage the post-sales customer relations.
The role consists of:
- Understanding the assigned territories, markets and lines of solutions/products in detail, including knowledge of the territory, players, processes, customs, channels, and the competition.
- Identifying leads and projects early in the procurement process, which shall allow effective preparation.
- Building sound and long term relationships with the customers, to ensure early entry into procurement cycles.
- Conceiving and promoting the appropriate sales strategy for opportunities, in function of the environment and the company’s objectives
- Driving and managing the full sales process up until contract closure
- Driving and owning proposals and tender responses preparation
- Managing local channels where applicable
- Preparing and managing local market commitments such as offset if applicable.
- Providing E2E expertise in its markets and territories.
PAST EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate will probably have built his/her career as a Sales Director in an organization serving the Defense, Aerospace, Homeland security, communications, or high-end Automotive sectors. He/She will have been educated as an engineer or equivalent, and acquired substantial technology experience in previous technology related roles.
PERSONALITY: The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial and hands on personality, having the autonomous drive and capability to go out looking for new serious opportunities in his territories, combined with the maturity, analysis and prioritization skills to focus only on those cases which match best the company’s portfolio and capabilities, and present the highest probability for success. He/she shall have the capability to rapidly establish solid relationships, and the integrity and force to maintain such relationships
CONTENT: The role day to day involves frequent traveling to the assigned territories, meetings with customers, channels, officials, subcontractors, searching for and generating the opportunities. The successful candidate shall also be capable to convert such leads and early notions of an opportunity into a facts anchored fully-fledged sales process, working with his support team through correspondence with customers, presentations, proposals, tenders’ response, demonstrations and trials when necessary, to reach final contract negotiations and awards.
Leaning on strong engineering background and experience, the successful candidate will be:
- Capable of learning and absorbing rapidly the company’s technologies and products, to extent required to identify compliant opportunities and hold early (non-technical) discussions with the customers.
- Capable to understand customers’ operational, technical and financial requirements, and translate those into a project plan which could be successfully driven by the company
- Capable to map a market, identify the leading forces and streams, and focus on those which could lead him to achieve his sales targets
- Capable to communicate in a reliable and effective manner, verbally and in writing, with both customers, partners and the internal peers and company teams.
- Capable to strategize a response for a need, including laying out the most effective manner in terms of effective value and risks.
- Capable to analyze all commercial, legal, and administrative aspects of a tender RFP, and design appropriate response
- Capable to compose, author, and edit a commercial proposal and a response to tenders and RFP, addressing all aspects including risks.
- Capable to present the company and its solutions to highly demanding foreign customers’ audiences; participate effectively in design reviews; convince customers and other stakeholders.
- Team player; capable of working harmoniously with other highly effective internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of defending his position in front of both the Company’s management as well as customers
- Capable to identify risks and mitigate them effectively.
- Capable to produce and present solid, balanced and reliable reporting at all levels.
- Autonomous in all its activities within a framework of objectives, timeline, budget, profitability targets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 to 15 years’ proven experience in sales of high value complex systems and solutions to international demanding institutional customers and governments.
- 7 to 15 years’ proven experience in senior customer facing management, including managing large RFP (technical), customer presentations; building effective partnerships, qualifying channels, tough negotiations, and delivery.
- 7 to 15 years proven successful experience in qualifying, choosing and working with channels and partners and subcontractors.
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH – Full command, SPOKEN AND WRITTEN is a must. Additional languages such as Dutch, French German, Spanish or Arabic are highly desirable.
- Capable to work under pressure, prioritize, stay organized and focused, and not lose control.
- NATIONALITY & WORK PERMIT: Must be a national of an EU country (or a national of certain NATO countries); in all cases must hold a valid EU wide work permit.
- Security clearance: Must be able to obtain without delay a NATO & EU security clearance. Holding an existing NATO clearance shall constitute an advantage.
- Regional Experience: Proven successful experience in the ME region (Gulf) or North Africa shall constitute an advantage
Key words: Autonomous; Senior; Experienced Sales; entrepreneur; hands on; leads; generating opportunities; customer relationships; channels; RFP; international tenders; defense; homeland security; EU national; security clearance
Work location: Belgium, Liège (Luik) area or Brussels area, with +/- 40% international travel.
Starting date: ASAP (Q2 2017)
Duration: Unlimited duration contract (CDI); for freelancers a minimum contract duration of 24 months + extensions.
Remuneration: Excellent package commensurate with experience, including comprehensive insurances and pension package, as well as other advantages
How to respond
Please apply online. Adequate candidates shall be contacted within 10 days. Interviews shall take place during Q2 2017, probably in Brussels or as otherwise agreed.
Only applications through the online application form will be considered!
(You will receive a confirmation via email.)
Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.
For more information about this position, please contact Mr Pierre-Albert Druart at the following address: email@example.com.