Human Resources Coordinator
Methanex (www.methanex.com) is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of methanol. The company is active in major international markets such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol is an important ingredient in many of the essential industrial and consumer products that make the world a better place in which to live, work and play. The Power of Agility is our competitive advantage and how our global team of employees delivers on our brand promise every day.
Have a look at our videos on our website to have a better understanding of our culture and values: https://www.methanex.com/careers. Methanex shares are quoted on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Santiago de Chile stock exchange and the Nasdaq Global.
The European offices are located in Waterloo where a dedicated team of talented professionals works very closely together to deliver an excellent service towards the clients (Chemical, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical companies).
We are currently looking to recruit a (m/f) a high potential:
The Human Resources Coordinator provides Human Resources support services to the European office and provides general Human Resources coordination services most specifically relating to payroll and administration, compensation & benefits management, HR reports, recruitment and selection, employee relations and HR policies.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support to the HR Manager by being involved in HR projects and providingguidance and recommendations following changes in HR legislations, trends and best practices in Belgium.
As the first point-of-contact for employees and leaders, the HR Coordinator:
- Manages all the European payroll activities (Belgium, UK and Dubai): processes and runs the monthly employee payroll including the administration of all fixed and variable pay elements/benefits; Answers and resolves payroll queries from employees, managers and external bodies; Manages annual talent, salary planning and bonus processes in an accurate and timely manner; Ensures all necessary payments are made within deadlines
- Deals with expatriate administration and coordinates specific payroll with external providers
- Administers the benefits program for Europe. Is responsible for renewal of all employee benefits including health insurance, life assurance, pensions etc.
- Manages the personnel administration (contracts, fleet, insurances...), maintains employee data in the HR system (Workday) and records up to date. Prepares staff handbooks as well as all employee correspondence including offer letters, contracts and other employment documentation
- Develops and implements HR policies and procedures; guarantees conformity with internal regulations and labour law
- Interprets and advises on employment law; keeps up-to-date with current legislation, practices and trends and provides of timely guidance and recommendations to the organization
- Participates in the performance review cycle, ensuring all employees and managers complete the process within deadlines
- Provides a quality recruitment framework and conducts selection and recruitment assignments at all levels within the organization below VP level, including the preparation of job descriptions, job postings, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, preparing and guiding the interview team with questions and evaluation methods, conducting reference checks, and preparing offer letters
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Methanex Europe organization and acts as HR representative on cross-functional teams where required
- Supports HR Manager in the development and implementation of HR projects (training, performance, processes optimization, partnership with universities, working rules, legislation changes...)
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources/Finance or equivalent by experience
- 3-4 years of working experience in a similar position, ideally dealing with "hard" HR related topics
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French. A good knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Very good knowledge of Belgian social legislation and payroll administration
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Can-do and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail/strong with figures
- Accuracy of work with complete confidentiality
- Excellent organisation skills - able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- Being a role model for our values and behaviours to create a respectful, trusting and collaborative workplace
- Teamplayer with excellent communication skills
- Candidates for this position must demonstrate a customer focus to providing Human Resource services. The successful candidate will be approachable and a good listener, able to form trusted relationships with people of various levels internally and externally to the organization, and able to read and respond to the needs of others.
- In dealing with others, the ideal candidate remains calm, demonstrates patience, provides timely information and is sought out for their opinions. Candidates are knowledgeable about how organizations work, are able to anticipate other's reactions and can focus on key priorities.
Methanex offers a permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package including luncheon vouchers, health insurance, group insurance, a discretionary bonus and a laptop. The Company gives the opportunity to work in an international environment which encourages communication, creativity, innovation and career development.
For more information: Call HANS VERHEIJ on the number: GSM + 32 473 715114 Direct +32 2 738 02 68