Senior Electronics Systems Engineer (Non-IT)
Introduction Advanced Technology Systems
an International Technology Company is seeking for immediate entry (Q2 2017)
a M/F SENIOR ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS’ ENGINEER with Integration & Project Oriented Mind FOR ITS PROJECT DEPT.
An advanced RF defense electronics and digital systems (Non-IT) company, itself part of a large international group, offering a variety of state of the art integrated system solutions to the international defense and homeland security markets.
We seek a senior and experienced M/F Electronics or Computers (non IT) engineer, to take on an exciting and autonomous technical leadership role in designing, building, integrating and delivering complex Non-IT technology systems to highly demanding institutional customers. Extra-experience in Communications, Aeronautics or Computers Engineering is welcome.
The role consists of:
- Leading the analysis, definition, design, production, integration, testing and troubleshooting of complex system solutions for the defense and homeland security markets.
- Providing expertise and support to the business development and project teams in preparing and presenting the company’s solutions to its institutional customers, and during tenders and contract negotiations.
- Providing E2E expertise during post sales stages (Site surveys, Maintenance, Solutions’ Upgrade, system replacements…).
- Leading the fielding and utilization of advanced Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) for testing the company’s solutions, including extensions for new additional systems.
- Serving as the company’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for defined technologies.
Successful candidate will have been formed as an Electronics Engineer, and will have acquired broad hands-on experience in designing, building, integrating, testing and troubleshooting products and solutions including both hardware (HW) and software (preferably real-time software). He/She will have held earlier other engineering and electronics design and R&D roles, in companies or organizations serving the Defense, Communications, Aerospace, Homeland Security, or advanced Automotive sectors.
Analytical & Entrepreneurial Spirit - Leadership & Perseverance – Autonomous - Collaborative & Federative. Able to integrate and work in small team of experts.
Candidate will have the vision to conceive and propose solutions which offer originality and tangible long term advantage. He will have the capability to imagine different solutions, to express points in favor and against of these solutions, to discuss with customers, institutional experts, to lead projects, to defend his point of view and when necessary convince his audience.
Senior design integration and support capabilities
Candidate must have strong electronics engineering background & experience capable to:
- Learn and absorb quickly new technologies, new products, systems and solutions.
- Understand and analyze effectively complex operational and technical customer requirements, and extract quickly the essence and the priorities.
- Conceive and design (or participate in the design) of an integrated solution fully compliant with the operational, technical and commercial requirements, comprising in-house systems and components and where applicable also third party elements.
- Design a solution to meet a certain price target, taking into account both immediate competitiveness as well as LCC (life Cycle Cost).
- Build integrate and test prototype solutions; direct the production of industrialized customer solution.
- Integrate and conduct final testing on complex integrated solutions, in preparation of customer Factory Acceptance (FAT) and Site Acceptance tests (SAT).
- Compose, author, and edit a technical proposal, statement of work (SOW), and a response to RFP and tenders, including compliance tables and justifications.
- Present and demonstrate the company’s products and integrated solutions to prospects and customers; participate effectively in design reviews; defend architecture / design choices, and convince customers and other stakeholders.
- Work harmoniously in a team with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Defend his position in front of both Company’s Sales team as well as customers.
- Identify risks and mitigate them effectively.
- Produce and present solid, balanced and reliable reporting at all levels.
Other Skills and Experience
- 7 to 10 years’ proven experience in designing, integration, delivery and troubleshooting /debugging of Electronics’ Products and Systems (non IT).
- 7 to 10 years’ proven experience in technical customer relations, including requirements’ meetings, RFP analysis, technical proposals preparation; customer presentations; participation in PDR, CDR, acceptance tests, quality assurance audits; customer trainings, delivery.
- 7 to 10 years proven experience in qualifying, choosing and working with technology suppliers and vendors as contributors and subcontractors to integrated systems, including building an effective vendors /partners database.
- LANGUAGES: FULL COMMAND OF ENGLISH IS A MUST! (Speaking; writing; reading). Additional languages like NL, FR, DE, SP, IT or other languages shall constitute an asset.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize, stay organized, calm and focused.
- NATIONALITY AND WORK PERMIT: Must be a national of an EU country (or certain NATO countries). Must hold a valid EU wide work permit and a valid EU residence visa.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be capable to obtain without delay a NATO and EU security clearance. Holding of an existing NATO clearance shall constitute an advantage.
- Additional Technical Skills which shall constitute an asset: Proven experience in at least one or two of the following fields: Programming in C and/or C++ and/or Embedded C; PLC/HMI; RF; Radar and RF; digital communications; day/night electro optic solutions; wireless communications and 3G/4G. We offer Work location: Belgium, Liège area, with some international travel to customers’ sites.
The position offers possibilities for technical trainings, notably in radar techniques, digital signal processing and other technologies within the group.
Starting date: ASAP (Q2 2017)
Duration: Unlimited duration contract (CDI);
Remuneration: Excellent package, commensurate with experience.
How to respond
Please apply online. Adequate candidates shall be contacted within 10 days by our HR consultants. Interviews shall take place during Q2 2017.
Key words: Electronics Engineer; products design; system and solution design; integration; testing; delivery; debugging; troubleshooting; maintenance; customer support; systems’ conception; solutions; RFP; tenders; offers; autonomous; high-value systems; defense; homeland security; radars; communications; surveillance; intelligence; airborne; maritime; EU national; NATO clearance
Only applications through the online application form will be considered!
(You will receive a confirmation via email.) Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.
For more information about this position, please contact Mr Pierre-Albert Druart at the following address: email@example.com.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieur industriel | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Électricien | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Électro-mécanicien | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience