Legal Counsel EMEA
Our client, an international leading company located in Brussels, is looking for a Legal Counsel EMEA.
Our client, an international leading company offering various services in more than 150 countries, is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing legal support worldwide.
Legal counsel's role will be to support proactively the worldwide business units growth plan, while ensuring the protection of our client's rights and interests as well as its compliance with applicable laws.
The Legal counsel will notably be responsible for:
- Provide strong executive and legal support to the Country Managers and other members of the local management teams on all business operations and activities of our client.
- Provide legal advice to sales, in particular prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all contractual documentation.
- Provide legal advice to other departments within the company on any matters that are legal in nature (e.g. HR, Sourcing, General Services departments.)
- Managing all claims and litigation in different jurisdictions in order to defend the interests of the group
- Work in tight cooperation with other legal experts within the Group as required.
- Supervise corporate secretariat and corporate restructuring activities performed by the subsidiaries' Paralegal to ensure compliance of the our client entities with local laws.
- Effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies.
- Select, liaise with and manage outside counsels.
As Legal Counsel, you fit with the following requirements:
- Minimum of eight 8 years' experience within the legal department of a large multinational company and/or international law firm of established reputation.
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch (the command of the three languages is essential).
- Prior experience in commercial/transactional negotiations and labour law matters.
- Business-oriented, pro-active, pragmatic and commercial in outlook;
- Excellent communication skills (internally and externally);
- Capacity to work in project mode;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Flexible, open to changes, able to anticipate and quick to adapt to a fast-growing, fast-evolving and challenging environment;
- Good team player;
- Works well under pressure.
Our client offers:
- An international leading company environment
- A competitive remuneration package including company car and attractive extra-legal advantages
- A dynamic legal team that advises and supports the business of a growing international group of companies.