ADMINISTRATOR / EXPERIENCED ENGLISH MOTHER TONGUE TEACHER(S)
In order to be considered for this responsible and demanding position the following requirements are necessary:
- Teaching qualification with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience as well as a CELTA or TEFL certificate with proven experience in teaching English at all levels from young learners to business English. Qualified translators with the above experience may also apply.
- Excellent spoken and written English – English mother tongue is preferred however, candidates who have excellent English due to studying and living in an English speaking country and who also have relevant qualifications and experience will be considered.
- A good level of French for administrative purpose and the general running of the centre.
- Good communication and administrative skills.
- Freelance status. Experience working as a freelance teacher and/or running a small business.
- Be flexible and prepared to accept a very varied time-table.
- Be able to work under pressure during peak times (Wednesday afternoons/Saturday mornings)
- Be dynamic and creative with innovative ideas and ability to plan ahead
This position will include the following:
Between 15 to 22 hours of teaching a week. This will include teaching children from aged four as well as teenagers and adults. Have relevant experience and the ability to teach a wide range of topics at every level from absolute beginners to advanced business clients in groups or individual lessons. The timetable will vary from day to day and will include some lessons during the day but mostly after school hours and evenings as well as Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning.
The administrative position will initially be to assist with all aspects of running Let’s Speak Good English with a view of taking over the full running of the centre from July 2017. From May 2017 the person appointed will gradually put into practice many of the tasks below:
- Answering the phone or emails and giving relevant information about courses.
- Updating publicity and website.
- Updating and organizing courses and teachers’ timetables
- Seeing and testing prospective clients
- Choosing and ordering course books
- Updating accounts
- Organizing and planning intensive courses during the school holidays
- Organizing and planning the re-enrolments for the new school year
- Organizing and re-planning new timetables for group lessons
- Organizing and planning end of year parents’ meetings and children’s performances
- Planning and organizing Open Days
- Preparing yearly income tax return with the accountant
- Managing and ordering office / kitchen supplies
- Working with and delegating work to the secretary
- Maintaining teaching material – books/games/toys/etc etc
- Discussing and solving problems with parents concerning group/individual lessons
- Training and meetings with teachers when necessary
- Advertising for and interviewing new teachers
- Ordering/buying office and kitchen supplies
Organizing children’s Christmas parties, drinks and restaurant evening for adult clients.
THIS POSITION OFFERS:
Freelance position with attractive salary
Interesting and varied teaching timetable
Training and backup during first three months
Ideal opportunity to become your own boss to develop personally and professionally
Business opportunity with excellent potential for growth in the very demanding world of English teaching
Further information about Let’s Speak Good English is obtainable on request by email addressed to: Helena Miziura - email@example.com
- Offres | > 10 ans d'expérience | Secteur socioculturel | Administration / Secrétariat
- Offres | > 10 ans d'expérience | Secteur socioculturel | Office Management
- Offres | > 10 ans d'expérience | Secteur socioculturel | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences
- Offres | > 10 ans d'expérience | Secteur socioculturel | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences - général
- Offres | > 10 ans d'expérience | Secteur socioculturel | Enseignement supérieur