Front-end developer with design skills
Gocar is a car and moto classifieds website. Users can search for their future cars and publish their old cars for sale. Also more than 1900 dealers from Belgium publish their stock with us. Gocar is the fastest growing automotive website in Belgium. While we are supported by two large media groups - Rossel and Roularta, we have great autonomy.
Our current website was launched more than 2 years ago, as a continuation and extension of the Autovlan.be and Motovlan.be websites. The front end code has a common basis and uses themes for each branded section of our website. The backend is running on PHP and we are now implementing React.js. We move forward using data, testing and good practices. We believe that exploring our ideas openly makes a good working environment and leads to great solutions.
As a front end developer and UX/design specialist you’ll have a strong influence on our projects and we are expecting you to take part in the conversation about our challenges and solutions.
Here are some of our plans for the near future:
- Make it easier for our users to publish their cars for sale.
- Create a dashboard for car dealers, so that they can get a better overview of how their car ads are performing.
- Car configurator - new part of our website where users can check how much a car is worth and what are other possible configurations
- General improvements, maintenance and optimisation
The Gocar team is still on a smaller side (15 people). The web team currently has 2 members (a senior back end developer and a senior front end developer/designer) and we are getting 3rd party help for the back end.
- Design and development of user interfaces and features that make sense to the users
- Writing well structured code that fits in the existing codebase and makes it better
- Researching, A/B testing and designing user interfaces and features
- Considering bigger picture and business impact of your work
The core of your skills should be in frontend development. In addition to it you should be able to contribute to design and/or UX, any combination is good.
- Work with Git
- Experience with Gulp (or Grunt)
- Experience with designing for the web
- Clear and constructive communication
- English as a working language
- Ability to constantly learn and use your new knowledge
- Nice powerful machine to work on
- Freedom at work
- We will help you grow as a front end developer and designer
- Brand new offices in centre of Brussels (Rue Royale, we are moving this May/June)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, include link(s) to some of your design/UX work (doesn’t have to be extensive). If you don’t fulfill all the requirements but still think you’ll fit in, don’t hesitate to apply, we'll might make it work anyway!