IP Legal Manager
Our client, a leading company in Intellectual Property services, is looking for an IP Legal Manager.
Our client is a fast growing B2B internet company, offering administrative services in the intellectual property field to over 400 international customers.
After a rapid expansion, with 135+ people located across Belgium, Scotland, France, England, Germany, Spain and the United States, our client is a leader in its field and has ambitions to develop new services.
To sustain its growth, our client is looking to recruit an IP Legal Manager to lead the IP Legal department and provide legal support to all business units. This includes implementing yearly roadmaps and several legal projects through effective planning, cost control, resource allocation and risk management.
The IP Legal department monitors fast-changing legal and procedural requirements governing the services, notably in order to keep the formality teams fully up-to-date.
The IP Legal Manager will notably be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day legal support to formality officers and business unit managers on IP legal matters
- Monitoring IP legal changes at national and international levels having direct operational implications on the services
- Developing legal knowledge databases for foreign filings, IP rights renewals and IP recordals
- Developing and implementing a governance with worldwide Partners to maintain legal knowledge up-to-date
- Ensuring accuracy of all official fees available to Business Units and end-clients
- Drafting legal documents (e.g. power of attorney forms, service level agreements, general terms and conditions, etc.)
- Taking full ownership of legal projects, thereby ensuring their successful implementation on time and within budget
- Assisting the IT department through the implementation of the IT roadmap (reporting on business needs, testing, etc.)
- Managing a team of three paralegals, strengthening team spirit and sharing best practices across the Company
As IP Legal Manager, you fit with the following requirements:
- A Master Degree in Law (experience in contract drafting and negotiation would be an advantage)
- At least 5 years' legal experience, ideally in a leading organization
- A factual management experience, both in terms of people and project management
- A proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel (a relevant IP experience would be an asset)
- Ability to think fast and adopt an operations-oriented and business mindset
- Ability to stand back from the daily operational routine, while paying great attention to details
- Capacity to think strategically and to set priorities on multiple tasks
- Ability to display a positive attitude and capitalize on collaborative interactions in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (the knowledge of other languages is an asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based services
Our client offers:
- A fast growing company environment
- The opportunity to work for a B to B company that is a leader in its field
- The opportunity to progress as the company grows
- An employee benefits package (Group and Health Insurance)
- A competitive salary
- An English-speaking environment and multicultural teams