Accounting/Reporting Control Specialist
Reporting to the Head of Group Consolidation and Reporting, you control the consistency and accuracy of the processing of accounting and reporting data and you analyze the results of these processes. You will work in close collaboration with the accounting department but also with the core businesses of the bank.Your position:
- You control and analyze the data provided by the accounting and reporting teams and suggest corrections/ improvements on the errors/ dysfunctions you detected;
- You ensure the consistency between the controls made by the Headquarter and made by the Group entities;
- You ensure the consistency in the application of accounting / reporting principles and interpretations within the group;
- You propose improvements on the existing controls and adapt the control procedures/documentation within the current and new accounting/reporting systems;
- You are able to set up, realize and document new control processes according to the current and new systems;
- You write synthetic reports related to the controls and analyzes made;
- You have a master degree in Economics (Finance);
- 3 – 5 years of experience as auditor/controller in a consulting/accounting firm or bank;
- Experience in the financial/banking sector is a must;
- You have a good command of French, English and Dutch;
- You are able to work autonomously in an organized manner;
- You are a team-player and good communicator;
- You are accurate, rigorous and strive to quality;
- You are agile and have experience in an evolving environment;
- You have an analytical and constructively critical mindset;
- You have the ability to manage and prioritize workload efficiently in a very dynamic environment;
- You are process-minded;
- You take initiatives and you are pro-active;
- You have a strong command of IT skills and MS-Office.
By working for Bank Degroof Petercam, you will join a Belgian bank of a human size where personal contacts prevail.
As from the start, you work with colleagues from various business lines and have direct impact on our private, institutional or corporate clients.
We strongly invest in the development of your talent by offering you a variety of in-house finance-specialized and management training as well as external programs. Looking for a long term relationship not only with our clients but also with you as employee, we offer you an attractive salary package, including a performance related bonus, extra-legal benefits and a variety of in-house finance-specialized and management training as well as external programs.