Product Marketing Manager
Looking for a Junior Product Specialist for a leading manufacturer of hi-tech rubber belts and hoses for all types of sectors.
My client is a manufacturer of hi-tech rubber belts and hoses for industrial, hydraulic, agricultural and automotive applications. The organisation supplies to all major car and machine manufacturers, and to the aftermarket. Automotive manufacturing, transport, agriculture, mining, construction, office equipment, computer technology and food processing are the primary industries it serves.
Maximizes sales and profitability on programmes through direct product line management, line extensions, channel support, product training and expertise, mapping competitive landscape, creative product promotions and marketing campaigns. Researches, identifies and evaluates potential new products. Provides input for present and future product line development and strategic positioning within the market place. Coordinates the initial stages of product planning and development among marketing, sales, finance, engineering and manufacturing in order to ensure the successful introduction of products into the marketplace. Directs the longer term product development by planning goals, objectives and programmes for the achievement of divisional growth and profitability. Directs and communicates results of studies to assess division performance against plans and against competitors.
Maintains product leadership by making certain that product/service design, cost, and performance characteristics not only are broadly responsive to customer needs in all markets, but at the same time, are in line with the engineering and production process capabilities. Keeps constantly updated on competitor product/service developments.
Coordinates with the Sr Product Manager PT and Global Pricing department for European price setting, providing pricing support, applying pricing intelligence in line with product positioning within responsible product range and in line with other products in the divisional portfolio.
Communicates internally to ensure that production scheduling and capacity are intelligently planned to profitably meet current and anticipated aggregate demand of various markets.
Provides the in-depth product knowledge required to support selling efforts.
- Must have a master degree in engineering, economics, applied economics or similar
- 3 to 5 years' experience in Marketing and/or product management functions
- Good language capability of English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to write business plans, design and conduct training seminars and make presentations.
- Requires a high degree of technical knowledge relative to assigned products, and the ability to convert technical matters to language understandable to non-technical readers and listeners.
- Requires the ability to motivate and maintain the interest and attention of sales and marketing associates.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan time for maximum efficiency.
- Requires the ability to apply an analytical approach to evaluating a variety of complex or novel problems and to develop favourable solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively in a problem solving environment, resourceful and innovative.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all tools and processes of ISO/QS, GQC , GBLP and GPS.
The organisation will offer a competitive salary package, a challenging job with an international scope!