Senior Accountant m/f
For our client, Robert Half Finance and Accounting's looking for a Senior Accountant (m/f).
Our client is a company active in industrial sector and located in Liège.
Under general direction of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Senior Accountant performs accounts reconciliations and assists in the monthly close by tracking, researching and resolving accounting discrepancies. Specifically, this person oversees the transactions tied to the revenue cycle, processing the invoicing, reconciling cash applications, intercompany and sales tax reporting.
- Perform account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and other monthly general journal entries for monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Record and verify all transactions in the revenue cycle, including invoicing and cash applications.
- Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies making corrections as necessary.
- Prepare monthly data for consolidation package reporting, and prepare financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly sales tax returns.
- Preparation of audit and tax data for financial audits.
- Complete intercompany transaction billing and reconciliations.
- Maintain work instructions and procedures for all tasks.
- Provide and participate in cross-training as appropriate.
- Complete various tasks as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager
- All other duties, as assigned
Your qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience (UK Gaap is a plus)
- 2-3 year experience in a manufacturing environment using an ERP system preferably Oracle
- Very good knowledge in English
- Organized, self motivated and able to work independently
- Focused and able to prioritize and deliver planned results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to define a problem, collect data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, strong Excel skills
Interested? Please send us your CV.