General Ledger Accountant Spain & Process expert - Brussels
Our client, leading producer of industrial minerals in Europe, is looking for a General Ledger Accountant with very good knowledge of the Spanish Accountancy Standards (SPGAAP) to join the financial team.
Informations sur l'entreprise
Our client is located in Brussels South, easily accessible by car and by public transport, offers a multicultural environment and a lot of opportunities to evolve.
Objective of the function:
- Prepare Group Month/ Quarter & Year end reporting packages for the Spanish entities.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines.
- Perform tasks in compliance with Statutory/Legal legislation (IFRS/ ES GAAP) and Company Policies.
- Improve and maintain process performances linked to R2R (Accounting) and O2C (Sales). Mainly for the Spanish entities.
Interface between end-users and BOP organization (Internal & External)
Main tasks: (You will be responsible for the Spanish entities)
- Ensure compliance with Internal Controls and Company Policies.
- Month/Quarter and Year-end closing tasks (including intercos). Ensure all deadlines are respected.
- Take ownership of Balance Sheet accounts that you are responsible and review the accounts for accuracy and communicate corrective actions to other departments if necessary.
- Responsible to communicate modifications on asset accounting, including communication with BPO regarding acquisition/disposals, running depreciation and reconciliations with G/L in coordination with local asset operation.
- Submit company tax obligations CIT/VAT/Property taxes/EC Sales List/Intrastat reporting and other legal reporting. Ensure deadlines are respected.
- Preparation of G/L postings: accruals, provisions, etc. to be communicated to BPO.
- Assure compliance in SAP in relation to tax and legal Spanish country requirements
- Assist with forecasting. Provide information regarding depreciation/insurance/Group Charges/rates/leasing.
- Follow-up cash forecasting.
- Process O2C : credit control monthly reviews
- Process O2C : customer follow-up (dunning, legal processes on AR, VAT claim on bad debts)
- Process P2P : coordination with local Spanish organization
Profil du candidat
The right applicant will have:
- IFRS, local Spanish GAAP and Spanish local taxes.
- Very good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good level of English and Spanish. Portuguese would definitely be an asset.
- Proven experience in reconciliations, accruals, tax, VAT, journal entries.
- Good Excel knowledge.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Be flexible and organized.
- Ability to interact with other as part of a multi-cultural team.
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Meets work demands and expectations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Problem solving.
- Use discretion and vigilance in applying corporate policies and internal controls.
- Enthusiastic personality
Mobility : up to 10% travel required
Conditions et Avantages
Permanent contract, salary in between 3000-3500€ depending of your experience, travel opportunities and growing opportunities.