Marketing Manager Legal
Would you like to use your marketing knowledge, people management skills and legal market expertise to manage a division related to legal products and services? Then this position as Marketing Manager Legal might be the next step for you.
My client is one of the oldest and well-known legal publishers in Belgium. Together with other entities they are part of a larger group active in the legal and publishing industry. My client provides products as well as services for professional legal stakeholders, such as lawyers, notaries, bailiffs, magistrates, company lawyers, academics, tax advisers, and students, as well as SME's and self-employed entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in Belgium and other locations in Belgium as well as Europe, they are now looking for a Marketing Manager Legal who will be responsible for the Legal division on a national level with a team of direct reports, working from the offices in Flemish Brabant and Brabant Wallon.
As a Marketing Manager Legal, your main responsibilities are following:
- Responsible for the legal market in Belgium regarding all sales operations related to direct mail, e-mail, e-commerce, web shop management, advertising, events and other, except for telemarketing and sales people
- People management of 6 people
- Yearly budgeting and translation from budget to strategy
- Permanent follow up and integration of all stakeholders related to the legal market in Belgium, Flanders, Walloon and Brussels, such as lawyers, notaries, bailiffs, magistrates, company lawyers, professors, and others
- Coordination and supervision of all campaigns etcetera
- Final responsibility in the management of an in-house dynamic database of the legal market in Belgium
- Collaboration with editors and publishers to conduct market researches
- Responsible for the brands Larcier, Bruylant, etcetera
- Analysis of the statistics, with a close ear to the market, to obtain the maximum ROI out of the agreed available budget, while respecting this budget
- Follow up and direction of the running actions on a daily basis
- Monthly financial reporting with analysis of results vs budget
As a Marketing Manager Legal, you should match following competences and skills:
- More than 5 years of experience in direct marketing as a people manager within a B2B environment
- Affinity with the legal market, and more specifically lawyers, in Belgium
- Very profound knowledge of the diverse stakeholders in the legal market, as well as the final decision makers and the decision making process regarding the procurement of legal publishing products
- Profound knowledge of all drivers of the sales channels and a multi-channel approach
- Expertise of the evolution and dynamics of the current legal stakeholders in Belgium
- Strong ability to observe the different stakeholders
- Dynamic team leader that likes to inspire and to delegate
- Commercial flair
- Open mind about the evolution and dynamics in the field of e-commerce
- Perfectly bilingual in the Dutch and French language (full professional proficiency is required)
My client offers a challenging position with people management responsibilities, as well as a competitive salary package, including a company car and others.