English speaking Paralegal Officer- EU Practice
The Brussels office employs an international team of paralegals that are an integral part of its legal staff and that work closely with lawyers in providing clients with legal services. The Brussels paralegals are highly qualified, with most possessing law degrees and experience in their fields of expertise. In addition, they receive specialized training, including in the use of case management software and European, Belgian and U.S. research databases.
My client is an international law firm located in the center of Brussels, well-known all over the world composed of 200 people in Brussels. My client offers a collegial working environment with a friendly and enthusiastic atmosphere.
The paralegals in the EU practice provide support to an international group
of lawyers in the competition, and regulatory area, with a particular
focus on European competition law.
Job duties include:
- performing legal and factual research in all areas of EU law, including relevant
Member State law;
- supporting lawyers on large transactions, investigations and litigation cases
through research, analysis and general case management, including the
organization of case files using litigation and document management software;
- assisting lawyers with drafting, preparing and producing regulatory filings with
various European and national authorities, including the coordination of
assistance provided by their secretaries and other support staff members;
- participating in large discovery phase document reviews and due diligence
investigations as part of a larger team of lawyers and paralegals;
- assisting lawyers with researching, updating, editing and publishing books
- performing language reviews and translations, monitoring legal developments,
and maintaining various internal collections of reference materials and knowledge
- Paralegal candidates should be English-native speaker.
- Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- A master degree in law is preferred, but alternative four-year university degrees in economics, political science or humanities are considered.
- Previous editing or publishing experience in English, or other relevant experience, such as an internship with the European Union institutions, would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidates should be intellectually curious and should have a keen interest in new technologies and a good working knowledge of computer programs and databases.
- We look for entrepreneurial, meticulous and well-organized individuals who are able to work both independently and within a team.
- Candidates should be flexible, have excellent interpersonal skills, cope well under pressure, and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- International and multicultural environment
- trainings and opportunity to grow
- Interesting package
- Easily reachable by public transport