Application Architect – Private Sector (m/f)
What began as a small family business has today grown into an international provider in the field of Quality of Life services. Sodexo offers an extensive range of services that enhance the wellbeing of people, such as the maintenance of technical installations, reception, cleaning, management of green spaces, catering services and Sodexo Benefits & Rewards Services. Sodexo Benefits & Rewards Services in Belgium is the preferred partner of private and public companies for a whole series of staff vouchers and services (Lunch Pass®, Cadeau Pass®, Sport & Culture Pass®, Eco Pass®, SME portfolio, Training Vouchers, Surf@home, Incentive&Recognition, etc.) and of private individuals for Service Vouchers.
We firmly believe that the Quality of Life of our clients and service consumers begins with our own people. Consequently, your wellbeing at work is one of our priorities. At Sodexo, you are part of a stimulating environment, where you can develop your talents and where you can count on continuous help and guidance for your career. With some 250 colleagues spread around Belgium (48% of whom are women), you are the key to our success. Are you looking for a highly interesting job in a stable company? Then the job detailed below may be right up your street.
To strengthen the team in our IS&T Department, we are urgently seeking a:
Application Architect – Private Sector (m/f)
As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for the design and production of the company’s application architecture.
You will work in conjunction with the various sections of the IT department as you put your professional skills into action as part of multidisciplinary project teams.
You will report to the manager of the Business Application section.
Your main responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of a software architect include:
Assisting project managers in the design, planning, governance and technical implementation of projects of every kind
Translating the requests and requirements produced by the functional analysts into technical architecture, taking account of all qualitative aspects (security, stability, performance, resilience, etc.)
- Limiting the technical choices available during development by:
- Defining development standards;
- The creation, definition or choice of frameworks
- The creation and architectural design of technical components
- Participating in ensuring good knowledge of the applications within the company
- Participating in the ongoing improvement of existing technical solutions
- Understanding the functions of each technical component
- Controlling the interactions and dependences between the company’s technical components
- Working with the Technology team to design the rollout process to enable the ongoing provision of the solutions developed
- Contributing to the strategy of automating functional and non-functional tests
- Passing on architectural concepts to the analyst programmers
- Working with the developers, analysts and business experts to establish the technical vision and analyse the compromises between needs, ease of use, performance and security.
- Assisting the programmers in implementing the architectures defined
- Ensuring that the architecture of the solutions proposed is aligned to the standards established by the company
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the architectures proposed and respect the standards and frameworks of developments
- Anticipating problems and identifying opportunities to make improvements in the development of business applications
- The architect has final responsibility for the design and production of the application architectures.
- University education or Bachelor’s degree in IT
- Good knowledge of the syntax of programming languages, such as JAVA, SCALA, Perl, Shell and Bash scripts.
- Good knowledge of the technologies used in relational and non-relational databases (Oracle, PLSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of Reactive Architectures
- Knowledge of asynchronous application interface techniques
- Knowledge of the design patterns applied commonly in software architecture
- Good knowledge of operating systems, virtualisation (VM Ware) and network technologies
- Good knowledge of concepts and the use of version management tools such as SVN and GIT
- Good knowledge of UML, BPMN and Archimate modelling languages
- Able to be a good team player in project teams, participate actively at team meetings and other work sessions
- Constantly searching for a better understanding of the rules behind the exceptions and the exceptions to the rules
- You keep abreast of available and emerging technologies in the area of software development
- Must have a good balance of technical and business skills
- Able to act as a bridge between business architecture and application architecture.
- Able to create consensus and understanding about the architecture
- Good knowledge of either French or Dutch, plus good technical English.
- Good technical English
- Able to work independently
- Analytical, precise mind, with good summarising abilities
- Pragmatic in implementing solutions
- Good sense of communication
- Energetic, proactive, versatile, available and reactive
- Able to demonstrate excellent team spirit.
We can offer you:
- An exciting job in a dynamic organisation that emphasises training opportunities and personal development.
- A full-time open-ended employment contract
- A competitive salary + fringe benefits
- An enjoyable working environment as part of a motivated team
- A workplace in Brussels (Ixelles), close to Etterbeek railway station and the Delta metro station
Quality of Life in the workplace:
- Some degree of flexibility in your work (home office, flexible working times)
- Good work-life balance
- Practical personal support services: dry-cleaning, ironing, shoe repairs, gift-buying, etc.
- A wide selection of sustainable meals in our company restaurant
- A variety of sports (badminton, mini foot, basket, meditation and yoga)
Does this sound like you?
Then hurry and send your CV and letter of application to Silke LEQUEUX.
Tel 02 401 31 39
- Offres | Non communiqué | Services facilitaires - général | IT / Internet
- Offres | Non communiqué | Services facilitaires - général | Développement IT
- Offres | Non communiqué | Services facilitaires - général | Web Application Developer
- Offres | Non communiqué | Services facilitaires - général | IT - général