Gas Trader | Business Analyst
Negotiate with big players in a fast-changing, exciting and prominent business sector
- You receive an intense training on the ins and outs of gas trading on the international market.
- you are responsible for the daily purchasing and selling of gas at the best possible margins on behalf of suppliers and large industrial enterprises.
- You operate nomination and balancing programs to manage gas flow and minimise imbalances between offer and demand.
- You collect and assess market data to prepare daily and weekly analytical forecasts.
- You assess the risks of portfolio management and optimise hedging strategies.
- You ensure that trade activities and pricing operate in line with the contractual conditions.
- You participate in the invoicing and controlling processes.
- You ensure EEP maintains compliant with relevant legislation (REMIT, MIFID,...) and is prepared for future changes.
- While building your expertise, you look into ways to optimise and automate current trading and invoicing systems and controlling mechanisms.
- You research rules and regulation on purchase and transport of gas in other European countries.
- You work in a close-knit team and report directly to the Managing Director.
Young ambitious and result-driven professional with excellent analytical skills and a flair for numbers
- You have a Masters degree in a numerate discipline (Applied Economics, Engineering,...) or attained a similar level through relevant experience.
- You have a head for numbers and are able to analyse data meticulously with a strong eye for detail.
- You have strong Excel skills and ability to navigate your way around Microsoft Office.
- You are resistant to stress, with a can-do and proactive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- You are a keen problem solver and have a natural tendency to optimise processes and methods.
- You are customer and service oriented and dispose of strong ethical values.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch or French. Other EU languages are a plus.
- You are a team player and flexible to your team's needs: occasional follow-up of the trade activities outside working hours do not put you off.
Direct impact on a fast growing company with international focus
You are part of a young professional team with a flat, informal, transparent, no-nonsense corporate culture. You dispose of a broad variety of tasks and have the opportunity to self-determine your career development while contributing to the further expansion of the company. You receive an intense tailored business training and an attractive market-based salary package.
Contact details Mercuri Urval: ref. BE-03623 – tel. +32 (0)2 715 09 99