Group leader ‐ Tumor Immunology
iTeos Therapeutics (www.iteostherapeutics.com) is an innovative biotech company engaged in the discovery and development of novel medicines targeting the tumour immune microenvironment for the treatment of cancer. iTeos Therapeutics is developing a pipeline of small molecules and biological therapies for immuno-oncology and is partnered with Pfizer Inc. for the development of IDO1 inhibitors and for the identification of novel targets.
iTeos Therapeutics offers a culturally-diverse English-speaking work environment in the heart of Europe, in Belgium, few hours away from Europe’s capital cities.
iTeos Therapeutics has the ambition and the resources to grow to a worldwide class and enter clinical development by 2018. To support his exciting and maturing portfolio, we are hiring a (m/f):
Group leader ‐ Tumor Immunology
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with strong expertise in immunology- oncology drug discovery to lead iTeos Therapeutics Tumor Immunology group. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading talented scientists and associates whose missions are to design, conduct and report in vitro pharmacology studies to enable the screening and identification of lead molecules and the generation of biological data to elucidate the mode of action of novel treatment approaches for cancer immunotherapies. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead and manage the Tumor Immunology group
- Design, perform and oversee the evaluation of new molecular targets and therapeutic agents.
- Set project’s direction and execute with your team to progress project toward the identification of clinical candidate
- Use your in-depth expertise in immunology and oncology to propose and evaluate novel targets, therapeutic concepts, in-licensing opportunity and set up complex assays to monitor the activity of immune cell populations
- Mentor and develop Research Scientists and Research Assistants.
- Define and oversee external academic and industrial collaborations to support projects. Lead communication with partner to meet project needs.
- Analyze, and present experimental results to project teams, R&D management scientific committee and community.
- Report experimental results to support regulatory filings, patents and publications.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from scientific literature, meetings and academic/industrial contacts.
- PhD, MD/PhD in life sciences and a minimum of 10 years of post-doctoral experience preferably in biotech/industry setting.
- Strong expertise in cancer immunology and track record of candidate drugs discovery or and/of scientific accomplishments recognized by high impact publications and international peer recognition.
- In-depth knowledge of molecular and biological pathways contributing to immune dysregulation in cancer.
- Experience managing team and/or supervising scientists and post-doctoral fellows.
- Experience writing pharmacology reports and non-clinical section of IND and CTA.
- Experience in designing and executing scientific studies leading to the validation of novel targets and to the identification and optimization of therapeutic agents.
- Strong experimental skills with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed decision-leading experiments.
- Experience defining and overseeing external collaborations with academic and contract-research organization to support project goals.
- Must be able to work autonomously and flexibly on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Rigorous, detail‐oriented, committed and yet flexible.
- Autonomous, self-driven and willing to constantly raise the bar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A stimulating leadership position with direct impact on candidate drug delivery and shaping portfolio of a high‐potential innovative biotech company.
- To work in a science-driven, human size, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to take part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor.
- Broad networking opportunities inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the academic world.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.pahrtners.be/job/group-leader-tumor-immunology/.
Your application will remain strictly confidential.
Postulez à l’offre: Group leader ‐ Tumor Immunology
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément