(Senior) Software Engineer
SmartNodes is a Belgian innovative green-tech start-up active in the smart cities’ sustainable development.
Based in Liège, SmartNodes develops smart street lighting solutions based on high-tech controllers to power street lighting only in presence of road users. The measurement of traffic density and user speeds is used for road mobility and safety applications. By integrating environmental sensors, parking sensors, etc., SmartNodes' public lighting network is becoming the driving force behind Smart City networks. Please visit www.smartnodes.be.
SmartNodes’ customers are cities, regions and distribution network companies, worldwide. In order to develop its business, we are actively looking for an (m/f):
(Senior) Software Engineer
Reporting to the R&D Manager, you are developing backend applications and SmartNodes embedded communication technologies. You maintain close contact with Sales & Marketing in order to identify technical upgrade of current solutions and commercial opportunities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You propose, with the support of the R&D Manager, the roadmap of backend applications.
- You develop, maintain and upgrade SmartNodes embedded communication protocol.
- You develop, maintain and upgrade backend applications and/or you customize existing standard applications to the most suitable solution based on the customers’ specifications and expectations.
- You participate to demonstrations and software development projects.
- Your report work evolution on regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering, IT or computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a software engineer position within the industry.
- Very good command of C and C++ programming languages and SQL.
- Used to work with Linux environments.
- Solutions, quality, innovation and results oriented, with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, hands on, autonomous, rigorous and flexible.
- Very good command of English.
- The command of French, Dutch and/or German is a plus.
- A diversified and challenging technical position within a dynamic team in a fast growing start-up.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development and green tech company.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter via www.pahrtners.be/job/software-engineer-2
or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information you would share will remain strictly confidential.