VAT Tax Expert
Our client, a worldwide leader in the insurance sector, is looking for a VAT Tax expert.
Our client, a worldwide leader in the insurance sector, is operating in more than 50 countries. In Belgium, our client can count on the commitment of more than 4.000 employees to help around 3 million customers live a serene life.
Our client is looking to recruit a VAT Tax Expert to join the Group Tax Practice responsible for providing tax advice and compliance in support of the full range of business activities conducted by all the entities of the Group.
In your field of expertise, you will assume the tax obligations of the organization. You will provide advice and will be guarantor of the tax aspect in the files. You will formulate optimal solutions that will meet the legal obligations in tax matters
- Handle issues relating to the VAT Unit, verify compliance with the prescribed VAT rules and ensure that processes are updated;
- Formulate relevant VAT opinions in projects and operations subject to VAT;
- Satisfy the obligations relating to withholding tax and to follow up any claims;
- Verify compliance with tax rules in the tax file preparation process;
- Participate in the preparation of tax returns for group companies.
As VAT Tax Expert, you fit with the following requirements:
- A Master degree in Law, Master with an economic or accounting orientation and a specialization in taxation, or equivalent by experience
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the field of taxation
- Good knowledge of the rules of functioning of VAT and corporate tax;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, ...)
- Good level of French and English, with a good passive knowledge of Dutch
- Accurate, reliable, autonomous, able to work in a team, flexible, analytical, logical and creative
- Ability to argue and persuade
Our client offers:
- Flexible work schedules and workplaces
- An onboarding program to facilitate your welcome and integration
- Vast opportunities for development and a large internal market for mobility to build an exciting career
- Intensive well-being policy
- A competitive Compensation & Benefits package including a range of personal benefits: group insurance, disability-hospitalization-accident insurance, mobility benefits, bank and insurance product reductions, childcare during holidays School, laundry and ironing services...
- And above all a pleasant working atmosphere and colleagues