Medical Scientific Liaison. - Pharmaceutical Industry
- Medical Scientific Liaison
- Hematology area
Our client is a major biopharmaceutical company with offices in more than 75 countries.
To sustain their growth in the area of hematology they are looking for a medical scientific liaison.
The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) has the following responsibilities. He:
- Develops and maintains professional scientific relationships in areas critical to the company with thought leaders in key academic and community-based medical, with medical professional associations and patient advocacy groups.
- Serves as a primary Medical Affairs contact involved with clinical/scientific information exchanges.
- Ensures timely submissions of periodic monitoring report forms for collaborative studies. The MSL works with these investigators to ensure that they have access to needed relevant information about products during the course of their study.
- Identifies opportunities and conducts formal presentations to essential groups as requested by medical and technical healthcare professionals, including key accounts, hospital therapeutic committee members, along with presentations of pharmaco-economic data in accordance with company policies, applicable laws, regulatory guidelines, and ethical standards.
- Maintains expert knowledge and understanding of clinical, scientific, and technical information through continuously reviewing literature in the field and attending conferences and networking with experts.
- Responds to customer complaints from a medical/scientific perspective and resolution, through data mining, in close collaboration with field specialists and quality department
- Works with the commercialization team and global product marketing, providing input as needed on product innovation and unmet medical needs
- Active participates in developing tools and resources for medical affairs team use to encourage consistency, transparency, and appropriate communication for both internal and external partnerships.
- Attends & provides coverage at national & regional medical education venues (congresses, conferences, symposia) and brings back field intelligence and insights to key internal stakeholders for accurate planning.
- Works with customers to help them with data abstraction and publication of clinical, scientific or operational data.
- Provides scientific support to the organization in the preparation for regional and international congresses
- Provides medical, scientific and technical review and opinion
- Responds to and tracking of medical information requests from healthcare professionals and decision makers with accurate, unbiased, balanced and timely answers
The successful Medical Scientific Liaison:
- Requires high technical competence, strong interpersonal competence, analytical skills and clinical experience to achieve the above working relationships/responsibilities.
- Must have excellent organizational skills; be self-directed and work independently and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific or medical information and data.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills and be effective with conversing with key opinion leaders, healthcare professionals, internal colleagues and patients.
- Have the ability to deliver formal responses to healthcare professional's specific medical questions through analysis of the literature in order to assure accurate, timely, unbiased, fair-balanced and up-to-date medical & scientific information, while keeping within legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Experience with laboratory and clinical methods in hematology is a strong asset
- Ability to work in a matrix structure i.e. maintains strong working relationship with various other departments, such as Scientific & Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Global & Regional Marketing and Sales.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, compliance standards, and ethical obligations
- Experience with Clinical Trials setting
- Proven ability to establish working relationships with all levels of clinical/technical/marketing people in corporate, clinical and academic settings
- Excellent written & verbal in English & Dutch. French is a strong asset
As the successful Medical Scientific Liaison you will have an attractive salary in line with your experience.