Business Development Manager Aviation Industry B2B
Business Development Manager function in the Aviation Industry B2B, with hybrid responsibilities in finance & sales, with a focus on international expansion, business, and operations.
My client is a private equity owned provider of turnkey solutions for the aviation industry. They are currently looking for a Business Development Manager Aviation Industry B2B for their global headquarters in the region of Zaventem. This position will be part of the international commercial department and report to the Senior Business Development Manager and the Chief Commercial Officer. My client is present in 13 countries in Europe with a total turnover of 150M€ and an annual growth rate of 10-15%. Furthermore, the group is developing in the US and Asia.
The role of Business Development Manager Aviation Industry B2B will focus on the review of key business projects such as the expansion into new countries, the assessment of commercial partnerships, the participation to negotiations and the review of investment proposals. As Business Development Manager, you will serve as the key contact person for top management and different global entities.
The main responsibilities will include the following:
- Commercial offer preparations for new business development in all regions (Europe, Asia, United States)
- Acquisition analyses, preparations and negotiations, both asset and company-based
- Financial and economic analysis of business projects (cash flow, IRR, NPV, etc)
- Support top management (CxO) in analyses and documents for Board of Directors' approval
- Support the business entities in business analysis
- Identify profitability issues within the organisation and make appropriate suggestions to improve them
- Advise (including follow-up) global entities to improve profitability and turnaround way-of-working, based on analyses on internal performance and results
- Post calculations of projects & profitability
- Make profit and loss analysis at various business levels
- Contract content analysis (link to P&L, capex, risks and duration) and compliance with legislation
The successful Business Development Manager Aviation Industry B2B will possess the following profile:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in Management Consulting, Financial Analysis, Business Control, CFO Advisory, or External Audit
- This in a fast paced business environment within the aviation industry or closely linked to the aviation industry (as a supplier or a client)
- Background and/or experience in M&A
- Master in Business Engineering , Civil Engineering, Commercial Engineering; Master in Economics; MBA will be considered as a plus;
- Experience in building and understanding financial models and business cases is a must (cash flow, IRR, NPV, etc);
- Full professional proficiency in Dutch and English, with advanced professional proficiency in French
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent with key Microsoft Office tools (Excel and Powerpoint as a minimum)
- Affinity with the aviation industry and all products related
- A strong entrepreneurial mind-set with business acumen and problem solving aptitude;
- Strong personality that is entrepreneurial, proactive, hands on, curious, down to earth, flexible, open minded, and collaborative
- Willingness to travel (30%) and open to an International working environment
This is the perfect opportunity to join a growing Private Equity owned company with an entrepreneurial and hands-on mentality. Furthermore, the Business Development team will allow for quick career growth within the group and open doors towards strategy, commercial, finance and operations roles in Belgium, Europe, United States and Asia. Finally, my client offers a complete and competitive salary package in terms of the skills and competences of the candidate.