Revenue management market analyst
In close cooperation with different revenue management analysts you are responsible for the maximization of the revenue of your markets. Your main responsibility is to manage your portfolio of markets for which you make sure that revenue is optimized according to the market demand and situation, taking competition, special events, specific strategies into consideration.Tasks Maximize Revenue
- Anticipate the future demand behavior based on historical data and external information (market feedback, market events, economics, schedules, competition, etc.) in order to maximize revenue.
- Identify market opportunities and propose commercial/pricing actions based on demand and booking trend analysis in order to stimulate demand, achieve the targets (budget) and maximize revenue (in tied cooperation with sales and network departments).
- Define market strategies and manage seat availability according to market trend and environment in an O&D system.
- Manage Pricing and Revenue Management systems and bring needed adjustments according to latest market trend and company priorities and strategy.
- Participate to RM workshops to stay aware of best practices and exchange them among airlines of LHG.
- Systematically perform analysis on actions taken (results; impact on the market, impact on the route profitability, impact on the network contribution, revenue maximization, yield, load factor).
- Evaluate post-departure performance (performing data checks and validations and correcting wrong post-departure data)
- Provide recurring and ad-hoc forecast/optimization analysis and diagnosis by market.
- Providing feedback to the team, to the management (all levels) and to other departments (sales, network …) to explain and communicate the various actions taken and evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the strategies. You also actively participate to the budgeting process.
- Setting up and maintaining communication links with the various sections of Sales, and other relevant departments to ensure coordination and flow of information concerning market conditions and dynamics.
- Interface with Network/Scheduling on capacity changes (you recommend aircraft changes, cutbacks or extra production in order to maximize revenue)
- Minimum level is a bachelor diploma preferably in an economic or mathematical environment (or relevant experience built up in the airline industry)
- Working knowledge of revenue management practices and systems (PROS) is an asset.
- The ideal candidate has built up previous experience in the field of sales, network or revenue management
- Strong Analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- Basic knowledge of Statistics
- Ability to map corporate objectives into long-term and short-term revenue-effective actions
- Market knowledge and sound business judgment
- Ability and authority to make decisions
- Team player and team building skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good negotiating skills
- You obtained professional experience in the use of IT tools for analysis and/or reporting purposes
- You have a profound Microsoft office applications (Excel) knowledge
- Knowledge of Amadeus is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Be able to work under pressure.