Technical Buyer : Manage high value technical purchases
Our partner is a global leader in the mining industry are currently modernizing its infrastructures and extending its activities.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager , Our client is looking for a Technical Buyer that will be responsible for managing and guiding high value technical purchases.
Job Description - Technical Buyer
- Assure the identification of primary and secondary sources of suppliers.
- Drive a costs reduction strategy based on your procurement experience
- Evaluate performance of different suppliers and guarantee optimal balance between quality and cost.
- Source and qualify new suppliers in order to optimise on cost/quality
- Develop strong relationships with other departments to create maximum value for the business
- The procurement category is made of mechanical components, raw materials and MRO.
- Build bridges between your diverse internal customers.
Candidate's Profile - Technical Buyer
- Higher education in engineering (master or Bachelor)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a technical procurement position (Direct buyer, project buyer, commodity buyer, category buyer, CAPEX, MRO,…)
- Fluent in French and English
- Open minded and team player.
Why should you apply ?
- You will have the opportunity to build a successful career within a global leader in the mining industry
- You will work for a worldwide company leader in it sector
- You will have the chance to be part of the project of increasing production capacity
- Being part of this group, you will manage a large diversity of purchasing category.