Junior Accountant with a first experience
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company, committed to developing chemistry that adresses key societal challenges. Solvay innovates and partners with customers in diverse global end markets. Its products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Its lightweight materials enhance cleaner mobility, its formulations optimize the use of resources and its performance chemicals improve air and water quality. Solvay is headquartered in Brussels with around 27,000 employees in 58 countries. Net sales were €10.9 billion in 2016, with 90% from activities where Solvay ranks among the world's top 3 leaders. Solvay S.A. (SOLB.BE) is listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris.
SBS (Shared Business Services) is enabling business growth by optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of supporting activities. As part of the SBS Organization, you contribute to the overall quality of Solvay's financial reporting processes.
Solvay is divided in a front-office and back-office. In the context of a team, you will perform on a day-to-day basis accounting operations for the parent company Solvay SA, assist in the preparation of an accurate closing (supported by a Service Center), assist in the submission of all financial documents prepared for Group purposes and for local statutory purposes. You'll be based at Neder-over-Heembeek (Brussels).
To ensure RtR process performance, you will :
- Assist the Company Accounting Manager to guarantee the global accounting process practices in conformity with the local and group standards
- Update on a regular basis his/her knowledge about the local accounting rules, policies and procedures (local GAAP), and identify necessary adaptations to the accounting system and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely reports.
Collect and analyze accounting records :
- Ensure input verification, correct recording, registration and allocation of accounting data
- Assist in supervising the proper and timely input, verification, recording, registration and/or allocation of dedicated accounting data
- Communicate to RtR Service Center non recurrent postings or any other similar information necessary to have a correct closing
- Control the quality and technical consistency of accounting data inputs and outputs (performed by the back-office)
- Reconcile the accounts (performed by the Back-office), and solve discrepancies
- Identify, analyze and correct anomalies in accounting data, and accounting system defects or failure
- Ensure the correct documentation of Balance Sheet accounts.
Provide accurate and timely reporting of accounting figures :
- Compile on time financial information and check reports for Group reporting purposes (including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements), on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis
- Assist in the preparation of local tax package and statutory accounts
- Assist in the closing operations and play an interface role between local actors and the back-office
- Bachelor in Accountancy
- An experience in Accounting in an international environment
- IT oriented - SAP knowledge is an asset
- Good knowledge of French and English
- Team player, autonomous, proactive
Only applications through the online application form will be considered! (You will receive a confirmation via email.) Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.