Experienced Underwriter Liability
- Cyber Risk
- Specialized Insurer
- Sales Strategy & Development
Our client is a specialised and niche Insurer looking for high potential to join their new team as their launching a new project : Liability & Cyber Risk Insurance
* Develop strong commercial relationships with brokers through visits and regular day to
day contact in order to underwrite and sell commercially viable risks.
* To construct and implement a programme of Broker/ client relationship management
activities and events to maintain and win quality new business
* Develop and maintain a network of current and prospective clients to win new and repeat
business and further enhance the reputation of the company in the market as an innovative and
cost effective Underwriter
* Provide support for the development of new products
* Understand the underwriting policies, targets and authority limits.
* Understand the underwriting policy and targets so as to support the sales effort and
produce business accordingly across the region
* Provide technical support to the other underwriters / support them in cross selling
* Contribute to and implement the annual business plan and ensure that it is effectively communicated and delivered to our clients
* Represent the company within the Belgian insurance industry and clients groups to promote the reputation
* Produce management information reports for the Underwriting Team
Initially, your key responsibilities will be to
* Learn about our products and underwriting philosophy
* Acquire practical underwriting and sales skills by working with our experienced
* Complete a programme of professional education that includes internal training
* Ideally a graduate in law and/or economics.
* Some experience of working in an underwriting or insurance broking business or any sales experience
Communication and Influence skills
* Well rounded Interpersonal skills and able to influence others
* Sales skills, or be able to demonstrate the potential to acquire sales skills
* Must have excellent communication written skills. It is essential that you are confident and competent to conduct business by telephone and email.
* Underwriting is both an art and a science - you will need to be confident that your maths skills can contribute to effective commercial underwriting
* You will need to read and write Dutch and English to a high standard. English is our internal business language and you will need this to take part in our internal meetings
and training events. Training can be given to improve your capability.
* You will be able to use the Microsoft office suite - PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Excellent telephone manner and inter-personal skills to develop close rapport with our broker supporters
* Team player, who is able to use initiative
- permanent contract