Head of Controlling - fixed contract - Brussels region
Robert Half is currently recruiting a (m/f) Head of Controlling to join an international services company.
The company is located in the Brussels region.
- You will lead a team of an FP&A Controller, Senior Financial Analysts and the Accounting team for SL EMEA region (Total Team size: 6-7);
- You are responsible for setting the strategic agenda for the Finance function;
- You will manage the budget and ensure delivery to targets;
- You are accountable for the provision of all financial information for the business;
- You will act as a centre of excellence for all financial reporting systems and processes;
- You will lead the complex reporting alignment between the company's and all related countries to ensure full accurate and complete visibility of the business;
- You will provide financial support and challenge to VP EMEA Board;
- You will develop reporting to help enable delivery of the strategy and provide review of controls on the key performance drivers;
- You will provide accurate and timely monthly/Quarterly/Annual reporting to the EMEA Reporting team;
- You will provide correct, timely and complete Budget and Forecast information;
- You will deliver on Finance Closing timelines;
- You will support Business Development on potential business growth by providing accurate analysis, reporting and tax/VAT advise;
- You will manage Finance Performance KPI's by having regular reviews with other Finance and non-Finance functions;
- You will provide detailed support to the departmental VP's to ensure all costs are delivered in line with budget and support mitigation plans for any risks while ensuring delivery of all opportunities;
- You will manage all internal and external audit, manage the business to provide correct and complete information in order to support successful year end results;
- You will drive overall quality improvements of monthly results in order to reduce impacts from previous months adjustments;
- You are responsible for ensuring the robustness of all financial, transactional and approval processes;
- You will correct and timely process AP invoices and timely payments to suppliers;
- You will manage the performance of Accounting/Tax shared service centres, both near shore and off shore;
- You will provide timely and correct declarations to all Tax authorities, both for Corporate Tax and VAT (Covering 11 countries);
- You will ensure correct and timely processing of all accounting entries, according to both legal and corporate guidelines;
- You will manage maintenance of PO Accounting;
- You are responsible for full and accurate reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts;
- You will lead the project to be best in class on OneR12 and alignment of all finance processes on the new platform;
- You will develop and maintain a motivated team, building strong relationships across the business and with customers. You will create a culture of ownership and partnership within finance to deliver these requirements;
- You will set clear initiatives and KPI for the department and individuals to deliver high performance;
- You will coach, guide and set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential;
- You will provide mentoring for other Finance employees outside of own team.
- You hold a university or Master's Degree in Finance or applied Economics;
- You have minimum 10 years' experience in a controlling / accounting environment;
- You have minimum 5 years' experience in team management and have an excellent experience within commerce and industry;
- You have Audit Facing knowledge and experience;
- You have understanding of working across multi cultures;
- You have strong leadership skills;
- You are highly driven; customer orientated and have excellent people skills;
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of another European language is required.
Interested in this position? Apply today.