Chief Accountant - Verviers
Robert Half Finance&Accounting is looking for a Chief Accountant who will report to the Director of Finance in Eindhoven.
Our client is a company situated in Verviers and active in the Industrial sector.
Your responsabilites will be :
- Leading in all operational accounting processes to make timely and accurate periodical reporting of financial statements into the Group ;
- Preparation of forecasts, cash flow projections and annual business plans;
- Preparation of VAT declarations, statistics reporting and annual (Corporate Income) tax return;
- Interfacing on payroll related matters with payroll service, social security office and (withholding) tax institutions;
- Participate in Management Team and transform data into useful management information;
- Produce statutory financial statements on local standards for timely publishing at the National Bank;
- Review business contracts on accounting issues and revenue recognition impacts;
- Maintain appropriate control environment and ensure "Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)" compliance;
- Liaise with audits from Auditors, Internal and tax related reviews;
- Liaise with banks on payments and letter of credits.
- A bachelor degree in accounting ("Bachelier de comptabilite) is required or a similar background which demonstrates the required skills;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in an international business environment;
- A background in accounting with Belgian accounting principles and tax regulations;
- Fluent in French and English, knowledge of excel and preferably of ERP systems (like BaaN) and experience with US GAAP standards.
- The candidate should have skills like a flexible and pro-active approach, analytical, accurate with enough attention for details, social and communicative skills and know how to cope with confidential information; teamwork is essential as this function will work together with the Finance teams in Eindhoven and parent companies in North America.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary package depending on your experience
- Local company, part of an international group
- Great work environment with lot of international contacts
You are maybe the person we are looking for.
Send us your CV mentioning the reference of the add : 10049019.