Customer Service Assistant
You will provide support to the Customer Service Team in the Brussels Branch, executing operational tasks on a daily basis. The efficient completion of your tasks will be supervised by the Senior Associates.
Our client is a large Corporate Bank that maintain relationships with their customers, promote real economic growth,and contribute to capital markets that serve society. The welfare of its employees is always top of mind.
- Handle Know Your Customer (KYC) files within the time frames given
- Treat SIRON requests at the earliest convenience
- Treat HOTSCAN requests immediately and make reminders at request of Compliance department until the release of the payment order
- Perform administrative tasks in relation to Isabel including, but not limited to the creation and processing of Isabel contracts (E Banking and PKI) , inputting data into OVS/AS400, opening Customer Identification File creation, booking of fees and updating Isabel Customer List
- Execute Global Cash Management System + (GCMS +) in creating and sending documents to customers as well as other offices, troubleshooting in GCMS + for the customers and training on-site for customers
- Daily focus on Hub & Spoke transactions by providing support to Düsseldorf Remittance's department, Corporate Administration
- Provide administrative support to the Customer Service team in relation to the management of SEPA payments, OVS booking of manual collection of fees
- Perform administration and booking of guarantees (rental and commercial)
- Where incidents occur, ensure that these are escalated on a timely basis and appropriate preventative measures identified and implemented
- Support projects and initiatives from an operations perspective, including new products and market initiatives
- Perform all outstanding reports, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly for any internal or external purposes. Taking action in all reports within time frames given with no errors
- Ensuring that tasks are completed, all checklists are adhered to and any issues are escalated where appropriate
- Visit client with Relationship Manager to assist on GCMS+
- Preparing and updating department manuals for Isabel and GCMS+( local payment system equivalent of multicash)
- Supporting Corporate Banking department with their customer's requests concerning GCMS+, Isabel, payments, guarantees
- Perform administrative tasks in relation to opening and closing of accounts , change of address, signatures and proxy
- Assist the Head of Business Management, Belgium in the administration of any tasks needed in relation to the self-inspection activities of the Brussels Branch
Bachelor/Master degree in Sciences/Business Administration or equivalent experience in Financial industry is required.
Previous experience in Financial Management, Banking and/or Operations is desired.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Excellent communication and written skills in English, optional: French/Dutch/German
- Ability to build professional relationships quickly
- Numerically competent
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible working style and positive team player.
- Process driven
- Strong organisational skills
- Good knowledge of back-office operations, preferably within a financial multi-national organisation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel etc.)