Key Account Manager Food Industry B2B
Key Account Manager position in the Food industry, with a focus on project management and solution selling, and with a client network in the industrial bakery market located in Belgium and France.
Our client is a well-known company within the dairy industry which operates in Europe, Asia and Africa. It manufactures consumer goods, products for food service and industry, and raw materials for pharmaceutical- and food producers. The Industry division, with a focus on Manufacturing and Production, is located near Antwerp and they are looking for an experienced Key Account Manager Food Industry B2B.
To continue its strong growth our client is looking for an experienced sales professional with a strong background in project management and/or processing know how. As a Key Account Manager Food Industry B2B you are mainly responsible for managing existing customer relations and acquiring new ones in Belgium (mainly South of Belgium) and the north of France.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the sales strategy by acquiring new and managing existing customers in order to realise the sales objectives;
- Market analysis to acquire new prospects and their needs, followed by bringing them in as new accounts;
- Maintain long-term customer-relations with key accounts and support them by giving sufficient technical support;
- Translate specific customer needs into new products and solutions;
- Creating long-term added value by applying solution selling. The role of project manager is key in the NPD phase and during the entire project (1Y+) you will be the point of contact with the clients;
- Contract negotiations and ensuring that agreements are respected in time and full;
- Working closely together with different departments (Customer Service, Marketing, Production/R&D, Quality and Sales) to offer the customer the perfect solution.
In this position, you will be reporting to the Sales Manager.
A good Key Account Manager Food Industry B2B should match following requirements:
- Master's degree: Bio Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Agriculture, or similar by proven track record;
- Minimum of 3 year's experience within a similar B2B environment (technical solution-selling);
- Strong affinity with the food processing market is a must;
- A solid food technology background in the bakery market segment is considered an important plus;
- Outstanding project skills, strong communication and result driven;
- Able to maintain qualitative relations with key stakeholders at various levels within different larger organisations. Also able to define, map and influence key stakeholders;
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time.
My client offers an attractive and complete salary package accordingly to the competences and skills of the candidate.