Business Unit Controller - permanent position
Robert Half is currently recruiting a (m/f) Business Unit Controller to join an international company located in the Brussels region and active in the medical devices industry.
The company - a worldwide leading brand in the medical field - is located in the Brussels region and is active in the medical devices sector.
- You will be responsible for reviewing & analyzing the Monthly Management Reporting (IFRS) with local Finance Directors for all entities prior to the final closing thereby continuously improving overall quality, accuracy and transparency;
- You will be responsible for completing monthly management reporting P&L, Balance Sheet, product and customer profitability and presenting final Monthly Management Reports and other ad-hoc reports to the CFO highlighting the variances on customer & product level, identify drivers for the gaps within the manufacturing processes, etc.;
- You will be responsible for coordinating, reviewing and improving quality, efficiency and timeliness of planning cycles such as: annual Strategic Planning, annual Budgeting and monthly Forecasting;
- You will review and control Capital Investment projects by ensuring these remain within budget, the ROIs as presented are realistically achievable;
- You will perform monthly and ad-hoc performance analysis; identify opportunities and make recommendations to meet and/or exceed budget and strategic plan targets;
- You will review and monitor the implementation of standard costing across sites, ensure periodical updates against actual costing. Understand the drivers and opportunities within the costing of manufactured products;
- You will roll-out and control group directives and procedures;
- You will obtain and maintain in depth understanding of transfer pricing set-up and identify gaps in day to day activities if any;
- You will be setting-up long, medium and short term performance targets, KPIs and BBSCs and develop an early warning culture allowing the organization to take anticipative actions on the long, medium and short term;
- You will coordinate and support various projects aimed at improving planning and forecasting accuracy by means of setting-up, improving, and standardizing processes and systems;
- You will support the local finance team in deployment of uniform reporting and management accounting principles applied consistently across the Groups' accounting and consolidation databases and systems;
- You will support and perform financial analysis / set-up business cases regarding ad-hoc projects such as investments, divestments, restructuring, M&A etc. in order to identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- You have a dynamic personality with high integrity and potential to grow;
- You have a minimum of 6 years progressive experience in controlling in an international setting;
- You have knowledge of IFRS;
- You have a solution oriented mindset with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to improve reporting / processes and performance;
- You have excellent communication skills demonstrated process rhythm and rigor able to see the bigger picture as well as go in details as and when required;
- You are technology savvy; knowledge & understanding of accounting and reporting software (preferably SAP, Qlikview, …) power user of excel;
- Project experience would be a plus as a project coordinator or core team member;
- You are proficient in English verbal and written (French, Dutch, German, Russian, etc. are a plus);
- You are willing to travel 10%-25% of time.
Interested in this position at a worldwide leading brand in the medical field? Apply today.