Legal Counsel Ethics, Compliance and Data Privacy
Our client, a multinational company operating in the FMCG industry, is looking for an experienced legal counsel specialized in ethics, compliance and data privacy.
Our client is a multinational company operating in the FMCG industry.
The role will focus on our client's internal compliance and governance in (i) providing expertise and support to corporate functions globally in the field of data privacy, legal compliance, and risk management and (ii) managing and supporting the governance of our client's global data privacy program, including policies and training.
You will be responsible for:
- Act as expert on data privacy issues for topics related to HR, procurement, finance, marketing, IT Security, IT, recruitment and any other business or corporate functions as needed.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all data privacy compliance support requests relating to assigned topics or functions
- Work with global compliance team to implement and improve on tools and processes
- Provide advice and participate in company response to data privacy and security incidents and subsequent notifications to individuals and regulators.
- Support the Head of Legal to propose, design and implement policies, guidance, procedures and rules in support of the definition of our global DP program, and of regular program updates, and ensure the DP team's regular reporting.
- Master in Law
- 5+ years of experience in in a data privacy function either in a law firm or multinational company.
- CIPP or comparable certifications is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the national data privacy legislation and cross border issues.
- Experience in monitoring trends and developments and translating those into actionable projects.
- Full working proficiency in Dutch, English and French.
- International working environement
- Attractive salary package and fringe benefits