Scientist – Target Discovery - Confobody discovery/GPCR biochemistry
Confo Therapeutics, a spin-off of VIB and Vrije Universiteit Brussel, is a drug discovery company built around a disruptive technology which enables it to address ‘undruggable’ GPCRs. The company is building a portfolio of transformative medicines in various disease areas. Confo Therapeutics is currently located on the Etterbeek campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and on the Technology Park in Zwijnaarde/Ghent.
Confo Therapeutics is looking for talented and enthusiastic scientists to expand its international team helping to build its discovery portfolio. More information about its technology can be found on the Company’s Website (www.confotherapeutics.com).
Confo Therapeutics offers a culturally-diverse English speaking working environment in the heart of Europe, in Belgium, a few hours away from Europe’s capital cities.
For the expansion of their target discovery team in Brussels, we are looking for a (m/f):
Scientist – Target Discovery
Confobody discovery/GPCR biochemistry
- Discovery of conformation-sensitive antibodies or Confobodies: selection, screening and characterization.
- Supervision of (a team of) Research Associate(s).
- Project management.
- Communicate progress to the project team.
- PhD or equivalent with profound experience in antibody discovery, preferably on membrane proteins (generation of the key discovery reagents and/or antibody display methodologies and/or implementation of critical antibody screening assays).
- Bench-oriented, preferably with pharma/biotech industry experience.
- Hands-on experience in membrane protein biochemistry, interest in GPCR biology or a strong background in molecular engineering are considered a plus.
- Scientific integrity, solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working accurately and self-motivating.
- Enthusiastic team player in a small company setting.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter via http://www.pahrtners.be/job/scientist-target-discovery-2/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ref: S-TD.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.